OCR00866 - Mega Man 6 "Master of Flame"

DarkCecil13

Hmm... diggin up an old review here, but oh well. Why not? =]

I'm in the same court as John here - Flame Man will forever be my favorite MM theme. This is the song that made me go back and play all the MegaMan games from the beginning. The intro-waves just had such a cool dynamic on the little NES. I remember re-starting the stage over and over just to hear that pseudo-chorusing. And c'mon - the rest of the tune is just too groovy to deny. I'm glad EH took the good time to remix it.

Overall, this remix does justice to the original, and stands alone as pretty good if enjoyed as lo-fi. Even with the sample quality, the sprinkle of ethicity does the mix well. My only problem with the track is that it doesn't have much of that crossing (maybe even kinda dissonant) harmonization [hope that's the correct term, my music-speak is rusty as hell] that made the original so cool.

Bottom lines: Great mix for an awesome original. And I'm glad I'm not the only person that loves this song and MM6 in general. I'm used to being lambasted for loving the game and its tracks so much. =P

I was very happy to see the song on OCR, and even happier when I listened to it ... just like most of the people who posted, I was blown away by Flameman's theme when I first heard it (at my birthday party).

Thank you, EvilHorde, for making such a splendid remix. You know, the first time through, I wasn't too sure about the vocals, but now I really dig it.

I second M Sipher's request for Windman. ^_^

No matter where in the order I upload the song to my MP3 player, or what download of the song I use, it always goes berzerk at 3:33 in the song and skips to the end. Is there some codec fracturing going on that a few of the MP3's haven't been properly ripped for use on the site, or that the files got slightly corrupted somehow?

• 1 year later...
No matter where in the order I upload the song to my MP3 player, or what download of the song I use, it always goes berzerk at 3:33 in the song and skips to the end. Is there some codec fracturing going on that a few of the MP3's haven't been properly ripped for use on the site, or that the files got slightly corrupted somehow?

It's on your end. I just listened and had no problems. Check your system

• 2 months later...

megaman 6 was the first megaman game i played and i loved the raw tracks of all the songs... once i heard some nice zelda 64 OC ReMixes, i went straight to megaman 6 to check em out.

i only saw flame man (which has a good raw track), listened, and loved... the beats sorta weak... but after getting used to it, and listening to so many hardcore stronger songs, it was a nice setback to listen to... i love the beat change at around 2:55 and the vocals freaking RULE!!!!!!

the pause at the end, omg, at first, i was like wtf.. then i hear HIGHER! and im like ?? and then it busts out again, it was tiiiiite! i love this remix, it was well done and definately one of the better ones. and once i got used to the pause at the end, the suspense it adds is great!

:D:D:D

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This remix is HOT.

Ok, with that bad joke out of the way, I can now concentrate on the remix. It was good. EH kept the arabic feel that the original had, my only question though is if he kept the synths too. I can't really say for sure, my ears apparently likes to play tricks on me, but they sounds very familiar. It feels like the synths give off some NES sounds to thr remix, but yet they sounds different, cause I know that the original wasn't better than this. Since EH was so kind to give this remix some cool beats and drums, he gave the original more than a face-lift. He pimped its style too into something that makes me think of hiphop and car pursuits, and that's one fine improvement in my opinion.

The input of voice samples might been a good idea. I couldn't hear what it said though, but now when I now it says ”Turn the flame higher”, it actually makes some sense, AND adds some more extra material to this remix.

After several listens, I finds it OK. It's up to oneself to decide if the synths bugs you or not, but I feel that EH's changes in the arrangement stilol makes it worth to download. Flameman has now a greater flame to show off, and all I can do is to dig into this music. Awesome EvilHorde.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes he would. I like the techno feel of this song. To tell the truth, when I heard this song (while playing the game), I would have never thought that it could be remixed, or at least not this good. And that "Turn the Flame Higher" is awesome! 7/10 from me.

|GX

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I actually like the warbly effect that this ReMix has in it's sound. Good to hear a ReMix that can be good even with several things that might go against it nowadays. The vocal clip works for the arrangement and the source is clearly audible. Very nice take on Flame Man's stage.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00866 - Mega Man 6 "Master of Flame"