Rock/metal bands with female lead vocalists- recommendations?

Culturekoi

Agreed,
if you're a non-believer.

Edit: Or am I stupid for thinking you can't process your vocals to such a degree live?

, at times, I think. Even if that was the case in the instance of Arch Enemy, would that somehow cheapen the amazing quality of their music for you somehow? I love a lot of Timbaland and Daft Punk songs, you know, so I really have had to confront the whole "end product or process" debate. Personally, unless an artist is completely ripping somebody else off, their process doesn't really dictate how much I respect them as a general rule.

I mean, Mario Galaxy has some absolutely phenominal orchestrated music as far as video games go, but then you have Donkey Kong Country where they had to individually program each note in some goofy data format without midi. I love both soundtracks, but is one somehow worth more than another? Not to me, really.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes AE, but going by what I've read in some interviews/reviews, her voice was processed on the last few albums, but on Rise Of The Tyrant her voice is mostly untouched. You can definitely tell a difference between this album and their last two, but her vocals aren't really any worse, so I'd say that she has some real talent.

Very well, I stand corrected on Angela's vocals, and no, it doesn't make Arch Enemy any worse to me, that would be the same as saying they suck because they use distortion on their guitars to make them sound heavier, which would be pretty silly, ne?

Also, I remembered a totally cheesy all-female poprockband from Estonia. Don't like the music, but the girls are pretty hot :)

This would be better termed classic rock, but if you're not familiar with Roxette they have a fantastic female vocalist. And a ton of good tracks.

In my opinion ever album they did was stocked with good tracks. There's more to them than the known-everywhere 'Lay a Whisper', and 'She's Got the Look'. Not that those aren't good songs, but they have a lot of other great songs.

:3 Awesome choices! X3 I myself rarely listen to screamo but umm... Kidney Thieves is a group with a female lead singer. They do rock and softer rock too. She doesn't do much screamo but.. eh.. I like it. :3 Give them a listen when you have time, here's one of my favs by them....

Glitter Girl

and Brakish by Kittie is pretty good too if you want some type of screamo but the lyrics are still understandable. ^^;

I really don't see how people can like that heavy metal music. Listening to that "Arch Enemy" song made me want to punch her in the face. To each his own, I guess.

Um, so more geared towards rock, theres Heart -

- apparently that song is GH, then there's the best of the best - Fleetwood Mac -
- but if you are more into that screaming garbage can gothic punk heavy metal then you wouldn't like any of what I am suggesting, or if you are more into modern rock, theres always Alanis Morissette, her early stuff (not newer) http://youtube.com/watch?v=hbxNybJ1k0o

:3 Awesome choices! X3 I myself rarely listen to screamo but umm... Kidney Thieves is a group with a female lead singer. They do rock and softer rock too. She doesn't do much screamo but.. eh.. I like it. :3 Give them a listen when you have time, here's one of my favs by them....

Glitter Girl

oh yeah I forgot about them, I love the kidneythieves, they too are broken up though.

I really don't see how people can like that heavy metal music. Listening to that "Arch Enemy" song made me want to punch her in the face. To each his own, I guess.

Um, so more geared towards rock, theres Heart -

- apparently that song is GH, then there's the best of the best - Fleetwood Mac -
- but if you are more into that screaming garbage can gothic punk heavy metal then you wouldn't like any of what I am suggesting, or if you are more into modern rock, theres always Alanis Morissette, her early stuff (not newer) http://youtube.com/watch?v=hbxNybJ1k0o

I don't know man. Listening Alanis Morissette's Ironic makes me want to punch her in the face. Hahaha. It seems like anyone who likes rock ought to have at least a couple metal bands that they can like. Perhaps the death vocal type metal bands are just not for you. Have you ever listened to Blind Guardian? You might like something like Nightfall by them. I recommend that. One of the things that's supposed to be an appeal of Heavy Metal is the speed and technique of the guitars and drums. So lots of guitarists like metal. Rock has a lot of fast solos too, but then during the vocals the guitars usually back off and play chords. In metal the guitars sometimes continue to be the "main" part even when vocals are present. Arch Enemy songs are sometimes so.

I don't consider metal to even be music. It's something else. Noise of some sort. The artists have no musical talent at all.

Just a morbid genre in my opinion.

lol, I love sweeping generalizations. All you had to do was put the word 'some' in between the words 'consider' and 'metal' and you could have gotten away with that statement.

Alanis Morissette's Ironic" used to make me hate her, too... but she really does have a lot of great songs. Remember Natalie Merchant? I love a lot of her songs, too. And since we kind of tripped into "90s alternative" mode, how can we not mention Ten Thousand Maniacs?! Love them. Cranberries, too.

Alanis Morissette's Ironic" used to make me hate her, too... but she really does have a lot of great songs. Remember Natalie Merchant? I love a lot of her songs, too. And since we kind of tripped into "90s alternative" mode, how can we not mention Ten Thousand Maniacs?! Love them. Cranberries, too.

Hhahaha! Dude, after reading the names of all the bands you like, it's obvious that metal is just not for you. The type of person who genuinely likes metal AND those bands that you mentioned has got to be extrememly rare. Hahaha.

lol, I love sweeping generalizations. All you had to do was put the word 'some' in between the words 'consider' and 'metal' and you could have gotten away with that statement.

Yeah, I love those too. I wonder if anyone remembers the time that I said that all Americans are dishonest. Hahaha! That was a shining moment. Hahaha. Of course it's ok if I say that because I am American. It's like how only black people are allowed to call each other nigger. Although, after meeting Liontamer, I'm inclined to believe that sentiment is fading away now. Hahaha.