How do I get rid of this writers block?

Draconiator

Here are some more things.

Go jogging. Clear your mind. Being outside in a nice dewy morning really gets the creative juices flowing, and your surroundings can actually inspire some ideas.

Sometimes being unorganizated can detract from ideas. Make it easier to get your ideas from your thoughts to your monitors. The better you're organized, the faster you can test ideas, and the more ideas you can whip out, the more likely you're going to come across a good one.

I mean musically? I mean as soon as I think it's gone, and finish a couple tracks, it comes back again, and I have no idea how to rid myself of this, especially since I'm NOT gonna reach my goals if I constantly suffer from this...:/

What do other OCers do to combat writers block? I've got it BAD! :-x:?

Just like any other block. Do something else or do the complete opposite of what you're trying to achieve. Exercise is my first tip. Then video games, then quite possibly listening to a genre of music you don't normally do, say... nu metal. I don't know if this works, but instead of writing good music. Try writing bad music. Tiny ditties or even stupid jingles for commercial products or chain stores.

And always shop smart. Shop S-mart.

Work through it. Usually when you have any kind of creative block, your mind is trying to work through something complicated but can't reach the solution. If you have time, take a few days, or even weeks off, then go back and work hardcore. If you keep working after giving yourself a bit of a rest, eventually the floodgates will break open.

If you been working pretty consistently on something... go do something different. Experience something new, learn something... anything. Inspiration can come from the strangest places. Again, take a break, and then go and try to put some substantial work in. If you just do a little, it may not be enough to let your brain work through whatever's blocking you.

Good luck!

I seem to be suffering the writer's block myself. At the moment I am trying to come up with a unit Name and logo for a patch that I am designing for a video project I am trying to do. It is kind of a Machinima with the Gundam: Bonds of the Battlefield game and I am trying to peice together near authentic emblems for the uniforms. I have been trying to come up with a decent design for the past 6 days and am on empty. So far I got the 38th Mobile Suit Team from the 4th Tactical Mobile Corps.

That is it. No designs, no logos, no nothing.

So I am opening it up for ideas. I almost want to have a contest to see who can come up with better ideas than me.