Super Metriod - Assorted Mix

poolatka

I had a lot of trouble hearing what was Metroid and what was generic notes reminiscent of it. Some of it sounded like Red Brinstar, then I thought I heard the intro. I was right about the intro. If you're gonna make this into a submission, you should probably add some complexity to it, more stuff from source and incorporate it more clearly and earlier.

The intro is cool, but the drums samples aren't the best. Also, I'd cut it shorter, the first stuff with drums only, before the synth stuff comes in is... Well, those drum samples aren't necessarily bad, but sound that way when they're alone.

I think this is pretty cool, tho. But it's short, and is kind'a aimless. This isn't something you've worked on for very long, as you said, so if you're serious about i, just keep working on it, and come back to the WiP forum when this has some direction.

yea, the total song is going to be longer, also, the part that is more quiet will have more melody in it. I'm more of a hobbiest, and I make my music for myself so im not worried about submission (although i will submit anyway for the hell of it).

Busy this weekend, but i'll keep it updated.