I am Legend

linkspast

The only concern I have is that they go too far into zombie/vampire/mutant that eat human flesh crap. I liked the disfigured hordes of people that went crazy, in The Omega Man. But there have been too many zombie and vampire flicks lately for my tastes, and I have a feeling that if this movie goes that route, it will actually ruin it for me.

Seriously, Hollywood. Enough with the vamps and zombs. Find something else. And no Middle Eastern terrorists. Fuck, find a new villainous group already.

And no Middle Eastern terrorists. Fuck, find a new villainous group already.

I think it's okay to have Middle Eastern Terrorists until they stop being our enemies. When they stop blowing us up, we'll stop portraying them negatively.

What would be outdated is if it were North Vietnamese and Russian soldiers.

The only concern I have is that they go too far into zombie/vampire/mutant that eat human flesh crap. I liked the disfigured hordes of people that went crazy, in The Omega Man. But there have been too many zombie and vampire flicks lately for my tastes, and I have a feeling that if this movie goes that route, it will actually ruin it for me.

Seriously, Hollywood. Enough with the vamps and zombs. Find something else. And no Middle Eastern terrorists. Fuck, find a new villainous group already.

Vampires were popular before Hollywood was anywhere near as big as it is now. If you look at the synopsis for the book that "The Omega Man" and "I Am Legend" (and several other movies) is based on, which was written in the 50s, the whole point of it is that a virus has spread humanity that turns them into vampires. Check out the Wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend

So, prepare for disappointment I guess.

I think it's okay to have Middle Eastern Terrorists until they stop being our enemies. When they stop blowing us up, we'll stop portraying them negatively.

You fool! You foolish fool! You're falling right into the communist plot! Red menace, etc! First our movies, then socialized health care and then... THE WORLD!!!

But come on, there were parts of Beowulf where that clip came to mind.

Well... yes and no. Some things certainly did feel 3D for 3D's sake. But I actually enjoyed that feature more often than not, as the objects which were 3D helped to set the scene. The steeple was a personal favorite.

But I hated that fucking parody. They were trying to make a joke every second and a half and it all came off as forced and stilted. I will never think about it again. Ever.

Dude, seriously, the bad guys should be Vietnamese-Russians that live in the deserts of the middle east that hate everyone equally and seek to establish communist rule all over the world while eating babies, tripping old ladies, and clubbing seals. Add suicide bombers, a pinch of salt, and let simmer.

I think it's clear.... we have a winner.

EDIT:

If I'm not mistaken, I pulled up to the house around 7 or 8 and when I looked over to the cab, I replied, "Smell ya later."

What I wonder most of all is if this film will go with the same ending as the original story.

I hated the ending in the original story

thought it ruined the entire book so I'd actually be happy with a change

Speaking of change It looks like the only thing that hasn't changed is the fact that there was a virus and that it turned people into vampires