I am Legend

linkspast

I'd be more impressed with vampires these days if they spent less time sucking cock and more time sucking blood.

I don't like you, at all.

Also, I'll definitely go see it when it's out. Or download. One of the two. Will Smith will probably do a good job if he can keep typical crappy punchlines for great justice out of the picture.

Like Metatron, I share his hatred of vampires. Even when I was a kid, they never scared me, because they were so human-like. Also, I've done a lot of study of vampires (and other popular monsters), and the Hollywood portrayals of them are horribly inaccurate. Real vampires don't suck blood, they suck your life energy away. They don't have fangs either. They are more like a dark force that absorbs your energy so that they can keep from breaking apart.

But, if you like 'em, that's okay with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoilers, of course. Highlight to read, blah, blah, blah...

Man, did they just hire the guys that did The Mummy or what? Those "vampires" were... uninspired. I expected them to start spewing locusts out of their mouths at any moment.

The rest of the movie wasn't too bad. I think I heard people crying a bit when the dog died.

Overall, I think it was actually pretty good. Somethings sort of stuck out, but for a guy that was stuck in a city filled with creatures trying to find and kill him every night, and being alone with only a dog and random mannequins... Will Smith did a good job.

A far cry from his early acting (namely, Fresh Prince)

Spoilers end.

Also, I've done a lot of study of vampires (and other popular monsters), and the Hollywood portrayals of them are horribly inaccurate. Real vampires don't suck blood, they suck your life energy away. They don't have fangs either. They are more like a dark force that absorbs your energy so that they can keep from breaking apart.

"Real vampires"??? Hollywood portrayals are "inaccurate"? Vampires don't exist to begin with, so how the hell can you do a study on them? Random comic books and B-movies? Who decides what the 'accurate' portrayal is?

Please note that Culturekoi has been blacklisted.

Why are you blacklisting Culturekoi? If anything, blacklist Superhim for his racist remarks.

Culturekoi was being humorous and making fun of Superhim's racist post.

Anyways, It was much better than I thought it was going to be. Will Smith was top game for his acting in this. A lot of the movie focus's on him being alone with his dog, and it worked well. Him going nuts basically. I won't say anymore.

But it is definitely worth a matinée showing.

Saw it last night. I enjoyed it a lot... Probably the most out of all the movies I seen this year. Well, at least in the top five. Surprisingly emotional. I wanted it to be more than just a zombie movie (something emotional), but I really didn't expect it - was pleasantly surprised. I wish the Dark Seekers' gain of intelligence had been played up more. I was glad to see The Family and Matthias from The Omega Man gone, but I would have liked a little brainier monsters.

The feeling of an empty city was amazing. I didn't miss the "oh no, dreary apocalyptic city" so much. The images of nature taking back NYC were very compelling. Especially loved the idea of Neville's set schedule and routine. Preparing, hunting, testing, training. Especially a breath of fresh air after every other survival film (be it zombies, vampires, whatever) wherein the characters are mostly running from...

Anyway, very good movie. Recommended.

Why are you blacklisting Culturekoi? If anything, blacklist Superhim for his racist remarks.

Culturekoi was being humorous and making fun of Superhim's racist post.

Anyways, It was much better than I thought it was going to be. Will Smith was top game for his acting in this. A lot of the movie focus's on him being alone with his dog, and it worked well. Him going nuts basically. I won't say anymore.

But it is definitely worth a matinée showing.

Blacklist - red scare - look it up. I was just playing the part in a really bad joke.

So, did anyone else notice all the "future" movies that appeared as posters and billboards in the background? Namely, the Green Lantern and the Batman and Superman ones? Someone else said they saw a live-action Teen Titans poster at the video store in a scene.

Subtle hints of movies to come, or just rubbing it in our faces (seeing how those movies never came to be because of the whole death of mankind thing)?

The only things that annoyed me was the whole "survivors colony" thing. I dunno, It just did not fit. :|

Yeah, I agree. I wonder how it would have been if the last scene had been the woman and the child just driving off? Kept the argument of the existence of the colony going even out of the theater.

So, did anyone else notice all the "future" movies that appeared as posters and billboards in the background? Namely, the Green Lantern and the Batman and Superman ones? Someone else said they saw a live-action Teen Titans poster at the video store in a scene.

Subtle hints of movies to come, or just rubbing it in our faces (seeing how those movies never came to be because of the whole death of mankind thing)?

I giggled to myself at the Batman-Superman movie. Didn't see the Green Lantern one. Highly doubt it's a hint, just something for comic fans to drool over. Speaking of comic books, the trailer for The Dark Knight made me excited. Looking forward to that interpretation of The Joker.

"Real vampires"??? Hollywood portrayals are "inaccurate"? Vampires don't exist to begin with, so how the hell can you do a study on them? Random comic books and B-movies? Who decides what the 'accurate' portrayal is?

No, you can study them. They have been horribly mis-represented by American pop-culture (you can blame the Brits for this too). Americans don't even know what they really are. I research paranormal phenomena, it's something I've done for ten years now, and whether they are real are not, Hollywood's portrayal is a far cry from that of the original vampire.

Also, don't be so quick to dismiss things as non-existent. But that's a PPR-type thing, and I'll try to keep from going too far here.