Final Fantasy 8 'Rawk'

Fishy

It's been too long since I made something that wasn't intended for project whoring. This is my first proper remix attempt using Logic Studio, but I'm already loving it. Decided to make an epic FF8 mash. Yes I'm a fanboy, no I don't care. If you have any requests of moar themes for this go right ahead. I'm totally winging it 8 bars at a time so plenty of room to add shit.

http://fishy.escariot.net/public/FF8%20FB%20v1.2.mp3

Just so you know I'm not interested in production feedback yet, because I haven't done anything at all except put a limiter on it. I'm gonna update this every few days or so until its done.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole tune got a key change, it's not an off note. Props on this so far, I absolutely love The Landing. You should try and intertwine Force Your Way with it, I think that'd sound pretty awesome having a mix of the two.

Spot on. Probably wrong musical explanation:

I made up that lower riff and the only way it would fit was to sharpen the 6th on the main riff, turning it from Ab minor into Dorian. I quite like the change personally, although it seems t be grinding with some people on irc aswell. I'll keep it until I get death threats.

It gives a different feel than the original song, but it still sounds good. It's just when you're used to hearing the song one way, it can sound a bit awkward when you hear it differently, even if there's nothing really wrong with the new version. I say keep it.

This is the other reason I kept it. This is inevitably going to end up seeming medley-ish, so I need to change t up however I can.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

There wasn't a next version. I'm very disappointed. I liked the way it started with the approach to Ultimecia's Castle and then the Landing kicked in.

Any particular reason for leaving this in limbo, or have you done more work on this since and just decided to keep it to yourself instead of a completed submission to your now co-judges?

Hate to sound like a n00b, but this is EPIC UBER PWNAGE! Really, great job, as usual, and this is sounding more and more awesome as it goes on.

Force your Way builds up steadily and then explodes into what sounds like Don't Be Afraid, then transitions back into Force Your Way.

It's over. Can't wait to hear the finished version!

It earns this:

sealofsickness2.bmp