Reminder: The judges are not the WIP forum...

zircon

Lately we have received a number of resubmissions very shortly after the original remixes were rejected. While we encourage people to resubmit, please keep in mind a few things.

1. When we reject a remix, even IF we ask for a resubmit, we expect you to seriously and carefully look over our advice. Don't just go back to your track, tweak some knobs, and resubmit. Use the WIP forums, #ocrwip on IRC, and the Remixing forum to get help on specific issues.

2. There is a three week wait required between submissions. We have been lax on this lately, but not anymore.

The judges panel is not the WIP forum. We do not want to hear every minor update or revision to your rejected remix. It is a waste of our time and a waste of your time. Most successful resubmissions we receive are sent after the remixer gets extensive feedback from others and spends genuine time on trying to improve based on our advice.

With any luck they do. That said, the message I get from zircon's post is that you're supposed to "READ" the guidelines before submitting your remix. Apparently they're reading, but they're missing the part about resubmission if your remix is rejected.

Captain Obvious, standing by!

You bitch about how much stuff there is to do, then you bitch about being given new stuff to do once you've done all the previous stuff. I suppose next you'll be bitching about having nothing to do once people stop resending their songs. Then you'll start bitching about your own bitching about stuff. Next comes being called a whiny bitch, and finally, you'll be bitching in circles about the bitching of bitching about stuff from whiny bitches bitching about bitching until it rips through the fabric of our reality... ending bitching as we humans have come to know it.

GAWD! YOU'RE JUST NEVER HAPPY!

You bitch about how much stuff there is to do, then you bitch about being given new stuff to do once you've done all the previous stuff. I suppose next you'll be bitching about having nothing to do once people stop resending their songs. Then you'll start bitching about your own bitching about stuff. Next comes being called a whiny bitch, and finally, you'll be bitching in circles about the bitching of bitching about stuff from whiny bitches bitching about bitching until it rips through the fabric of our reality... ending bitching as we humans have come to know it.

GAWD! YOU'RE JUST NEVER HAPPY!

This made me lol.

You guys like to joke, but seriously, please keep it in mind if your mix has recently been rejected. If it were as simple as tweaking a few knobs to make your mix passable, we wouldn't reject it; we'd give you conditional YESes and contact you about the issues so that we could get the mix passed.

Getting a mix rejected means that there are issues with it that aren't quickly fixable, even if we put the word "resub" after the big NO.

I wonder what the resubmitted mix was that prompted this thead.... where the judges were like, "OH SHIT THIS CRAP IS PISSING ME OFF.... FOR REALZ, WE NEED TO TELL THOSE N00BS STFU WITH THEIR BAD RESUBS! BLLLARG!! BITCHES!"

and then we were like "YOU'RE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR."

and they were like "HAIL THE MIGHTY JUDGES FOR WE SHALL JUDGE THEE ... UNWORTHY!"

and we were all like, "OMG!!!!!"

and they were like "....... bitches."

and then we were like, sad, and so we listened to them... and then we laughed a little.

.... and then we got called "bitches" again.

you know, judge hate is very 2004

i think darkesword and zircon have put it well enough that anybody and everybody ought to understand what the problem is and the difference between a RESUBMIT and a Conditional YES. i think any argument and/or resistance on the issue is done for the sake of doing so and not from any legitimate standpoint.

if we wanted you to simply increase the volume and send it back to us, we'd have told you to do so. it's really that simple. i, admittedly, may not be the most helpful in this department but zircon, liontamer, bgc, and others have been perennial champions of giving advice, detailed suggestions as to what to do to your mixes to get them ready.

now what's so hard to understand about that?

absolutely nothin, me thinks.