*NO* Super Metroid 'Zebes Revisited'

djpretzel

Hi Mr Pretzel,

please consider downloading my newest remix.

I wanted to capture the eerie atmosphere in the superb Super Metroid with this techno-ish interpretation. Did I succeed? You be the judge...

Your site is THE place for vg-music junkies.

Här börjar Internet!

Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis Internet på Spray http://www.spray.se

Okay, I personally didn't really enjoy listening to this mix. It's much too drawn out, and builds weakly. The fade-out transitions between the different parts are lame. I don't find this mix exciting at all - It's pretty much the same things repeating over and over again. Though, I do like it when the "far away" melody comes in at 4:23. That's the only part I remotely enjoyed. The fade-out ending isn't something spectacular, either ^^

NO

Well, this song sounds really good to me. But only as a song. I kept waiting for the metroid to kick in. and yeah it did in that middle part starting at 2:00 but that was pretty much the same as the game. If I were you, I'd cut out the middle part, come up with something more original for the beginning and end parts, cut the little voice over with "the last metroid is in captivity" and market it as an original instead of a remix.

NO

DC

Yeah, the transitions are a little weak, but as sort of an ambient

electronica track I think it's not bad. There are definatly things I like

about this track, it's got a nice feel to it; reminds me of my own recent

metroid track and my upcoming (gasp!) metroid track, but it still has

a bit of an unpolished feel to it. The drawn out title theme in the intro

and ending are nice, but the vocal clips (despite being clever in the

reversal of peace and captivity) really just feel out of place.

Smooth out those transitions and maybe kill the vocal clips and this

is definatly OCR material. But as it stands now I think it would not do

Provoker justice to post it.

NO

Stop using Mp3.com

Seriously.

Stop it.

Hey now, there's always worse . . . btw, what's your vote?

He told me it was a resounding yes, and you can believe me because I'm.. uh... Canadian. We never lie. It's genetic. Really.

Anyway! On to the song.

So far it's not bad, heard an interesting placement of the dying sound effect. Well, my only qualm with it so far (2:45) is that it seems fairly repetitive. I think it could do without the vocal sample, but that's just me.

Well, it's done now, and I didn't really hear enough to hold it back. It was fairly repetitive, specifically with the percussion, but it seems high quality.

Vote: Yes

Stop using Mp3.com

Seriously.

Stop it.

Hey now, there's always worse . . . btw, what's your vote?

Well, It was taking so long to register with mp3.com, then the explorer froze when I submitted. Then I got pissed, gave up and went to class. Then I ... kinda... lost my internet for a week.

So I'll vote now.

OMFG. I was putting bullshit in for the mp3.com registration, and put in 1999 for my birthday. It said:

Thank you for your interest in MP3.com. Unfortunately, due to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will need to redirect you to another web site within the Vivendi Universal Family of companies. We apologize for any inconvenience this may pose.

Then It blocked my computer from accessing any of the pages!

I am seriously starting to get sick of this mp3.com shit.

Anyway, lets see if someone else happens to have the song...

Askin Cotmm...

please standby...

Alright got it

Pro(s):

LOL!!!!!!! I love what you did with that voice sample! That made me laugh pretty hard. Almost makes sense, almost.

Great Feel

Ugh(s):

This song has been done so many times. This time its really nothing new, except that a dance beat was used with tamborines instead of hats. WOW!

I dont see anything unique about this song except that it had a very nice feel to it. Too bad that feel really had nothing to do with the melodys found in zebes.

Better luck next time

NO