Cloverfield

DragonFireKai

I'm really excited for the movie with the filming style. I've always loved the fake documented movie style even if the movie wasn't entirely great but it looks like they've got a good one down. I just hope people don't start complaining about the monster's appearance if it's shown or even its lack of movie time.

My thing is though if it's another attempt to bring back Godzilla, I may be less interested. Basically I want something that hasn't been touched such as anything from HP Lovecraft, except War of the Worlds...

It's Abrams. You really think it's going to be as passe as Godzilla?

The only thing that worries me is I half expect the movie never to show whatever it is.

The only thing that worries me is if everyone is going to get motion-sickness from the movie...

As I rewatch both trailer versions, if you get motion sickness easy, you may get MS... There were a couple of moments where it seemed like the camera guy was too jostled and that scene with the helicopter... yeah...

• 1 month later...
The only thing that worries me is if everyone is going to get motion-sickness from the movie... I mean that kind of cinematography is all well and good, for a little while. I just don't want to vomit back up my $23.00 nachos and $82.00 coke half-way through the movie.

wow. Coke is really expensive in America huh? Please say it is?

About time they made a real Special Effects movie in docu style. I was actually waiting for a fantasy movie with that style, but this'll do too

The only thing that worries me is if everyone is going to get motion-sickness from the movie...

I saw it at midnight, and some of my friends did get a little sick from it. 2 of them walked out at one point. I dont think it was that bad, after about 10 mins you get used to the camera. but yeah this movie is NUTS! Best monster movie ever.

Why, oh why does Europe have to wait until February 1st for this? I want to see it sooooo desperately, but I'm made to wait another 2 weeks.

If I can get away skipping college some afternoon and get a load of guys to go to a 4pm screening (like we did with Hitman when it came out) it'll be quality.

When I first saw the trailer I told myself the movie would probably suck (I have low expectations with movies nowadays) but after seeing this thread I feel like watching the movie, so thanks guys for making spend $20 bucks.

When I first saw the trailer I told myself the movie would probably suck (I have low expectations with movies nowadays) but after seeing this thread I feel like watching the movie, so thanks guys for making spend $20 bucks.

20 bucks!? What kind of theater are you going to!? Holy hell.

Friggin' brilliant.

I'll try my best not to spoil anything in this comment. If anybody else like me stood to the end after the credits, you may have been disappointed in what happened. But, you did hear something very very important. It will answer a few things. But you can't tell what happened unless... well, look it up on Wikipedia. I am not going to spoil it.

Didn't like it. I understand that the movie is well made, given the style that the director was trying to achieve, but the problem is that this particular style makes a huge percentage of the population dizzy as fuck. I thought some parts were interesting but overall the story becomes very predictable early on with almost nothing in the way of plot twists. Me and about 90% of the theater (judging from everybody's reactions at the credits) were very disappointed. I think it would have benefited greatly from using traditional cinematography or even a hybrid of both styles would have been better. It's just a little overbearing with all this constant camera motion with little relief.

So overall, I didn't entirely hate the movie, but regret paying $8 to see it. I could have easily waited for it to come to Netflix.