Cloverfield

DragonFireKai

If by "depends on what group thinking tells us to do" you mean "I'm going to see Cloverfield on Monday", you just made a great decision. If not, well, there is no if not. That needs to be what it means.

Cloverfield lived up to the hype. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. In fact, I'd say it exceeded the hype. It was AWEsome.

FYI 77% on Rotten Tomatoes.

..and Michael Cera.

Except he was mostly there for marketing reasons and only got a few scenes worth of screen time.

My brother told me about the ending (or lack thereof) of the movie... leaving some threads is one thing, but WE NEED SOME RESOLUTION DAMMIT.

I'll go see There Will Be Blood instead.

My brother told me about the ending (or lack thereof) of the movie... leaving some threads is one thing, but WE NEED SOME RESOLUTION DAMMIT.

you've gotta be fucking joking

edit:

okay so she gives the baby away and they are dating now and sing a moldy peaches song together and refer to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend

yes that is completely unresolved

I liked it a lot. Plot was a little janky and unbelievable, but it was a really good suspense movie. Like the Blair Witch project, I was putting myself into that situation and trying to think of how I would feel moreso than concerning myself with the plot.

If you plan on seeing it, try to sit far away from the screen. My girlfriend and I were about 4-6 row and we definitely regret that.

Kind of a spoiler, but best part of the movie for me....

POP!

Friggin' brilliant.

I'll try my best not to spoil anything in this comment. If anybody else like me stood to the end after the credits, you may have been disappointed in what happened. But, you did hear something very very important. It will answer a few things. But you can't tell what happened unless... well, look it up on Wikipedia. I am not going to spoil it.

I stayed all though the credits, and nothing happened. Did I miss something? I mean, I sat there, and waited, and waited, and got nothing. Didn't see anything on wiki, either. PM me.

The only thing that worries me is if everyone is going to get motion-sickness from the movie...

Well, I did watch it 5 feet away from one of the bigger screen theaters due getting there a little late. It's really not that bad, the producers will push the limit on this technicality sure, but they will not go as far as inducing vomiting on purpose, it's bad for business. BTW, awesome movie definitely watch it at the theater.

:As Ben Stein: Well I went to see Cloverfield today. I'd heard the hype, I'd seen the commercials. Not bad, I guess. The advertising, I mean. They even went out of their way to make an advertisement that wasn't in the movie itself. Whoopdie-doo.

:As hisself: HOLY SHIT. I came out of the theatre and I hugged my wife because I hadn't seen a monster movie that fantastic since...like, ever. It was the single greatest monster movie I've ever seen. I love how it was done, all through a video camera. The monster design: insane. Never seen anything like it. Was it man-made? Alien? Some sort of cosmic disaster? WHO KNOWS. They left it a blank and I kinda like it like that. I LOVED it. Now give me a sequel.

:As hisself: HOLY SHIT. I came out of the theatre and I hugged my wife because I hadn't seen a monster movie that fantastic since...like, ever. It was the single greatest monster movie I've ever seen. I love how it was done, all through a video camera. The monster design: insane. Never seen anything like it. Was it man-made? Alien? Some sort of cosmic disaster? WHO KNOWS. They left it a blank and I kinda like it like that. I LOVED it. Now give me a sequel.

My thoughts exactly.

..why? Not that it's even out in Norway yet. I haven't even been subjected to the hype. Convince me.

If you don't see it your missing out on a spectacular movie. That's all I have to say.

I loved it, they nailed the feeling of helplessness perfectly. I didn't notice the splash, but I stayed to the end and listened and couldn't tell what the message was. Anyone mind telling me, in spoiler tags?

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/more/what_was_that_at_the_end_of_cloverfield/

That talks about it but I'm not officially sure if its true

**Spoiler** Thinking back to the movie and Marlena

Did Marlena "explode" because of the baby/parasites or did the Government ops do that? Watching the trailer at the part before she dies (( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufYF0f-zMgY&feature=related skip to 1:05)) you hear a buzzing electronic sound and one of the hazardous guys thrust's into her body with seconds later exploding. Talking with my brother the exploding part with the monsters seems a bit stupid and unneeded but more believable that those government hazard guys killed her for pre-caution actions...