*NO* Samurai Shodown 'Nakoruru is Like Immortal'

djpretzel

Note: Thought about using the form rejection letter here, but the guitar playing is decent so I thought it at least deserved some feedback. Was I wrong? -djp

I did a cover/remix of Nakoruru's theme from Samurai Shodown.

It consists of the theme playing from NGPC version with sound effects from SS4.. followed by live guitar playing over it... followed by a metal outro.

The address of the song is..

I couldn't figure out how to do the ID3v1 tags on my mac but this is the info. I hope it isn't a problem..

Title: Samurai Shodown- "Nakoruru is Like Immortal" OC ReMix

Artist: bluefour

Year: 2002

Genre: Game

If you do decide to use it credit me as "bluefour", post this e-mail, and a link to

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changed your e-mail? Keep your contacts! Use this free e-mail change of address service from Return Path. Register now!

You're right, the guitar playing is decent. It doesn't make up for the rest of the mix though. Not nearly enough goes on. The sound effects are just present enough to get on my nerves, but not present enough to have any potential for adding anything to song.

Hmmm... the "2-in-1" caught me completely off guard. I thought the song had ended. At least the second part is a little more passable, but it's too short and the transition was shit.

NO

I think this should have just gotten the form rejection, but I'll judge whatever you throw at me, Pretzel!

Uh, okay. More could really be going on here. The sound effects are super annoying, and nothing really goes on. The guitar isn't bad, but it's all put over the original piece. Though, the second part IS pretty decent. The entire mix should be of that quality, maybe a little better. The guitars are overemphasized, and the percussion greatly lacks.

NO