realistic guitar?

Jacian

Okay, two points:

1. Pirating is wrong

2. You can find free software that isn't pirated, you just need to know where to look.

That said, if you want realistic guitar, you've got two choices, you can either a) find a piece of software that can emulate what you want, or B) you can buy software like Guitar Rig 3 and some kind of input such as Line 6's GuitarPort, or Native Instruments Rig Kontrol (which incidentally, can be bought with Guitar Rig 3 as a package).

Yes and no. The video was amazing. The first mp3 sounded like ass (but I've been playing guitar forever--any non-guitarists want to chime in here?). The second mp3 sounded great, but the OP question was specifically about chugga chugga.

I can get Slayer 2 to sound very realistic in small doses and with lots of surrounding material, but it takes a lot of work. Why does this topic come up every 3 months?

-steve

Lol... thanks guys for all your suggestions. Since all I wanted was a CHUG I borrowed a friend's guitar and spent a while breaking my fingers to the point they bled (I'm not a guitarist, only a pianist/drummer etc) and did a simple chugga. All I needed was a filler in the low end. The resulting product was exactly what I wanted, though I couldn't do much more due to my crappy guitar skills. Though there is rumor that I'm buying a ukulele at Guitar Center since I know its chords better :D

If you guys do find a way to make a synth guitar work (or even a tut on Slayer) I'd love it. Thanks so much!!!

P.S. A whole page arguing... wow 8-O

~jace

If you guys do find a way to make a synth guitar work

The secret is to use external effects. When I'm doing scratchpad work or using Slayer 2 as a placeholder until I can record my real guitar, I always run it through Guitar Rig 2. This is done that way with some other effects tossed on: http://neutronstar.org/music/malaguena.mp3

It would sound better if Amplitube 2 worked in FLS. Maybe in v.8.

-steve

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I know I'm still a noob to the forums and everything but I've been a guitarist for several years. Both sides of this argument have their points but I'm going to have to agree with Rose. If you want realistic sounding guitars, how about you get a guitar and a nice rig and make those chugga chuggas sound the way they are supposed to. I'm not saying you can't make synth'd guitars sound good/real; this site is filled with artists who do just that. However, listen to the best synth'd guitars you've ever heard and then go play a Gibson or a nice Ibanez through a Triple Rectifier by Mesa Boogie . Simple win. A lot of times when I listen to remixes on OCRemix and I hear synth'd guitars I'm like "man that'd sound 10 x's better if it were real guitars." I'm not knockin' remixers usin' synth'd guitars, I promise. Many remixers just use what they have and that's fine and a lot of times it sounds fine, sometimes great.

Many instruments can be replicated through synths and VSTs but if you really want to get the authentic sound of the instrument, no matter which one it is, nothing will sound more authentic than the original instrument itself. Synths and VSTs will sound very very close to the original sound and that's the thing... it's close enough. Find the sound you want, if synths can do it, great. Don't fight with armies of effects, layers and patches just to prove a point that synth'd guitars can sound good... Getcha a Guitar!

I do think it's kind of funny that everybody kind of came down on Rose and the dude did exactly what Tensei-San & Rose said and got the exact sound he was looking for. That's the kind of help people look for on forums.

I do think it's kind of funny that everybody kind of came down on Rose

I don't. Trust me.

I go to another forum and she used to be a member there. She was banned for very similar reasons to why she got flak here. She has a certian reputation for being argumentative, usually not knowing what the hell she's talking about, making annoyingly long posts that state basically the same thing over and over, calling people "neo-cons" and just generally unpleasant to deal with.

So yeah, it wasn't surprising to me. I was just reading through and I was shocked to read that same username.

And then when the shit hit the fan on page two I knew it was her. =P

On the subject of the topic at hand, I use Slayer 2 as my primary guitar synth and run it through some effects, so if you want a quickly editable synth guitar, use that. It usually sounds fine.

You know, I'd be curious to see what Rose would say if we put up audio of actual guitars and asked what she thought of them. Chances are decent that it would be hard to tell the difference in some ways. I'd also be interested in seeing some proof of the credentials that would be necessary to even take part in an argument like this, or maybe listen to this so called song that's on the radio.

The secret is to use external effects. When I'm doing scratchpad work or using Slayer 2 as a placeholder until I can record my real guitar, I always run it through Guitar Rig 2. This is done that way with some other effects tossed on: http://neutronstar.org/music/malaguena.mp3

It would sound better if Amplitube 2 worked in FLS. Maybe in v.8.

-steve

rewire reaper through fl studio

• 1 month later...