*NO* Rudra No Hihou 'The Hunted Chaser'

djpretzel

Anyone know the original? Sounds like it might be close just by the nature of the sequencing, but I don't know -djp

Hi man,

I d like to contribute to your remix collection so, I hope you ll like mine =)

It s an arranged version of a boss track from Ludora No Hihou (Last Square soft game on super famicom) .

The Hunted Chaser

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Rks

UPDATE FROM DC13: The submitter didn't know the actual title of the game he was ReMixing, which is a shame. The song he ReMixed is from Rudra No Hihou. The original composer is Ryuji Sasai (You might know him for being part of the FFMQ music team). After sifting through about 60 songs, I found the original. You can download it here: http://66.57.177.30/darkcecil13/rnh-28.spc - Screenies for DJP (If accepted): http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/snes01/01/rudra.html (Yes, he could have easily found these, but, hey, I was already here)

The first time I listened to this mix, I was skeptical. It sounded just like something that'd come from an RPG by Squaresoft (minus the obvious very nice sample quality). Though, after further investigating, and listening to the game's awesome music, I felt that this mix variated from the original enough to be one with the submission requirements. The mix itself sounds superb, and the mastering is well done. Clipping is not evident, yet the volume is loud. The ReMix is extremely driving, and puts you in a fighting mood. Though, the ReMix is a bit repetitive. That's not always a bad thing when it comes to mixes like this. The ending works, too. Not bad for ReMixing Rudra No Hihou. I never thought anyone would do it :)

YES

working link would be nice. Maybe you could host temporarily, t-bone? His mp3 is not being found on that site. Maybe it's the time of day...

DC

After clicking the link, the mp3 started downloading, leading me to believe that the link works at the moment. Oh well, maybe it's just me. If it's not working later for anyone else, I'll host it somewhere.

um, I'm wondering if maybe you listened to a different spc than I just did, because this "remix" is pretty much notated the exact same way down to the drums. The only difference would be the instruments used, and even THAT doesn't vary much. All the guitar work is samples, which isn't bad, I don't use live instruments in my performances, but it also means that I can't fall back on the "well at least it's performed well" line, because it's just sequenced notes. Oh well. Too much like the original. WAY too much like the original

NO

DC

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WTF WTF *RIPS HEADPHONES OFF* OMG

gah.

Holy fucking shit that was loud.

gah.. i canthear..

ok wtf. *sigh*

Yeah this is basically a straight arrangement of the spc with higher quality

instruments. I dont so much have a problem with that since it sounds

pretty good its just that ITS SO LOUD. Are we all listening

to the same remix? Cause this sounds like it's just clipping all over the

place.

I dont want to vote on this until it's re-encoded at a reasonable volume.

When I read what some of you said about this being loud, I thought nah, how loud can it be?

Bloody hell!!! 8O

Being curious as to how a mix could be soooo loud, I opened it up in a Soundforge to see the waveform, and it looked like a solid block and was constantly clipping.

It is also not different enough from the original as far as I am concerned.

NO

No.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the volume was an error, but that's enough to say no right there. As for the other reasons, you've looped the song for almost 4 minutes with barely any change in it whatsoever. With the exception of the bridge, you could've ended this at the one minute mark. I'll give you credit that it's a good arrangement. Your drum work is top notch. And the guitar samples are excellent.

So what do you need to do? First and foremost lower your volume by many, many, many levels. Secondly, cut it down to about a minute½, two minutes TOPS. I'd loop once, throw in the bridge, play HALF the melody and then close. Send us one like that and we'll get back to you. don't give up because I DOES sound nice (once I lowered my volume nearly ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way down).