OCR00869 - Tomb Raider "Adventure Is in the Air"

Ginnsu

Tomb Raider 'Adventure Is in the Air'

Besides the fact that some remixers seem to be conspiring together and starting their mixes with the same ambient cave dwelling scene to mess with peoples heads... this mix is great. The atmospheric wind and wind instrument gives this piece a very breezy feeling which I find myself very attracted to. Those guitars at the climax are a well done and most welcomed addition, although late in the song. This piece seems to have a slow build up and a quick drop off after the climax. I would have liked to have seen it longer, but then I want practically every song I listen to, to be longer. While the beat is steady, the breaks that let other instruments take hold, and the excellent sound makes the drums very appealing. Love this mix, EmptyMy, great piece of work.

Wow. This is much sweeter than I expected. Very smooth sounding and very well produced. Samples are all top notch. This song builds slowly, getting the groove mooving, then when the rest of the instruments bust in and the song gets even more interesting. Cool guitar and great piano. Great ambient sounds. Kinda short. I wish it went on for longer because it's good.

Unfortunately, this seems like a song that people will pass by because Tomb Raider is definitley not known for its music. Don't pass this up. It's awesome stuff.

Thanks guys. I just love good feedback... especially since this is like my first remix (or rather the only remix I've finished), and I wasn't sure if it was good enough. Thanks.

It IS short... but I was so tired of me never finishing anything, so I let it be.

Oh, and for you who don't remember the original title music. I have uploaded it for you. I'll prolly take it down soon, though.

http://members.chello.se/emptymy/tomb_raider_main_theme.mp3

As you can hear, the original had this cool choir, and is sonically superior to mine. By far. Longer, more epic. But it lacks the bassline, which I invented to make my remix groovier. ;)

• 1 month later...

How could anyone forget this song from Tomb Raider??? One time I looked forever for the mp3 of this song and then realized that its on the cd of the game itself (d'oh).

Anyway, I really REALLY like this mix. Its different from the original, but still stays true to the same feel. I like the empty cavernous feel the beginning has, like I can picture Lara walking through the Cistern after the water was drained and little drops are still falling around her here and there... I guess there's only one way to say it...

:nicework: NICE WORK!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This was amazing, this song is really warming with its flute and guitar coalescing together. It speaks of climbing rocks and delving into deep caverns, like what the first Tomb Radier was REALLY about. The first game's theme music was so calming, and this song enlightens me to that memory once more.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

i think the ambient noise is somewhat important to this track, because a lot of tomb raider was walking through very mysterious environments, which is what made the game so fun.

Also, i really like the flute part which is rich in tone and though simplistic, is well fit.

To me i think imagery of a song is always important.

The first thing i thought of listening to this song was Ms. stunning Lara Croft walking carefully through a cave opening, gun poised for action, ready to jump through some crazy trap.

All in all, nicely done.

• 4 months later...

I never really played the tomb raider games except for a demo at a kiosk, and I don't remember any music at all, and I thought the game was pretty bad too. I guess under normal circumstances that'd have me skip over this one, but TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY!!!

Great ambiance, and a solid groove, the winds sound great, if a bit piercing on these cheapo phones. I'm digging the wide sound you have going down, with a lot of texture on the left side. The beat is pretty subdued but still lends forward motion, and things are generally filled out well.

The arrangement is pretty short, but I think it is more of a really nice expansion rather than a re-imagining (this is all conjecture, I have no idea what the original sounds like), so it being concise is fine.

• 1 year later...

This is really a good track. It's very relaxing and ambient. The wind and water-y sounds (from the actual game if I'm not mistaken?) at the beginning immediately bring to mind the early levels in the caves (as well as others), and then coming in over that is the Tomb Raider theme tune which I love so much, and adds a sense of mystery. The bass and the guitars gradually come into it more and really add to the more adventurous side of the game. An excellent track. My only real complaint is that it felt a little short, but that's a small issue. And is that a TR bat I hear at the end? :D

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00869 - Tomb Raider "Adventure Is in the Air"