Customizing BGM in video game.

Doulifée

It's now easier to use a custom BGM while playing. I still like original soundtrack made for game but sometime do you use a custom one in some case?

I know for exemple i like to use initial D soundtrack while playing racing game.

Recently i listen to a lot of mintjam while playing Ace combat 6, probably because that's sound a lot like old ace combat music (the first and second)

I often play better while using those.

The funnier is after using a song for a long time while playing a particular game, that's song is tied to that game when i hear it again. That's the case for exemple for Shadow among the ruins. I used this song to wander throught the ashland of morrowind.

Am i the only one? another exemple maybe?

As of last year, I've never beat Rage Racer until I found myself under the influence of Dragonforce and Rhapsody.

Other examples...

I couldn't play AC6 while listening to that music. I dunno, it seems like they've scaled down a bit from 5, Zero and X (for the PSP), but I'll leave that for another discussion.

Also, I've found myself playing Need for Speed Most Wanted or Ridge Racer 6 while listening to Global Trance's Public Address 002 and 003.

That soundtrack was good enough as it was. If it didn't have so much sci-fi stuff in it I'd use it with the Total War games as well.

Onyly if you played the single player mission. Multiplayer... not so much. I liked panning the camera around while three or more fleets of frigates and destroyers headed towards each other, blasting missiles and beams and plasma shit and exploding ships and cruisers and fighter wings circling around, blasted into fireballs as they fly right into ion beams... all to "Ode To Joy", right at the high point of the song.

It's much better that way, trust me.

Onyly if you played the single player mission. Multiplayer... not so much. I liked panning the camera around while three or more fleets of frigates and destroyers headed towards each other, blasting missiles and beams and plasma shit and exploding ships and cruisers and fighter wings circling around, blasted into fireballs as they fly right into ion beams... all to "Ode To Joy", right at the high point of the song.

It's much better that way, trust me.

Playing "Ode to Joy" gives everything +5 on all awesomeness rolls.

I have an addon for WoW that'll play certain music when triggered by certain events. I've swapped out the Booty Bay music entirely and replaced it with "He's a Pirate", "Jack Sparrow Suite", and Buc's Den music from UO respectively. All my PvP music is Advent Children battle music, norg/Snappleman's VotL track, and "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" by Drowning pool.

You can see it working here:

I have an addon for WoW that'll play certain music when triggered by certain events. I've swapped out the Booty Bay music entirely and replaced it with "He's a Pirate", "Jack Sparrow Suite", and Buc's Den music from UO respectively. All my PvP music is Advent Children battle music, norg/Snappleman's VotL track, and "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" by Drowning pool.

You can see it working here:

/need :P

Right now, I'm using Stand-up comedy (Eugene Mirman, Lewis Black, Dane Cook, George Carlin, Mitch Hedberg [RIP], etc.) for gaming background, but if I need to have a more on-topic feel for a game feel just right, I'll either listen to remixes (Chrono Symphonic, Black Mages, etc.), powerful or simply great opera/choir/symphonic music (Red Army Choir [if I'm playing Tetris, this is a definite must], Nicolo Paganini, etc.), or for a few games, chants do wonders (Byzantine, FTW). Sometimes I'll listen to the original game music, but I've played a lot of the games quite a bit, and I need a bit of musical variety.

There's a song by Faithless entitled "Evergreen" that will always bring up memories of UT99 for me. A great song to snipe to.

Speaking of UT, I have the Big O theme and AS-Convoy (UT2004) intrinsically linked in my brain. Also, most ChaosUT2 maps and all the Mega Man series OCR mixes up to that time.

Homeworld with a lot of epic opera and classical music playing on Winamp FTW.

Dammit. D: Now I want to reinstall HW2 and try this. It sounds so... epic.