(?) HTTP/FTP Mirroring

Lezarwerks

Hello, I am looking for someone who would like to mirror all the OC Remixes (at least the ones in the torrent tracker list) onto HTTP/FTP space that I can provide.

The idea would be to provide an HTTP mirror to each file, read-only FTP access to the public, and OC Remix compressed into *.7z and *.zip files (perhaps *.tar also).

I have the space and bandwidth to support this, but I just need someone to take the fully downloaded torrents and actually upload them.

If you are interested, please send me an e-mail at admin+hlrse.net. I will make an effort to pay attention to my private message inbox and this thread also (in case emailing is too old for you).

Just a question: does anybody know an estimate total filesize for all the torrents in the Torrent Tracker List combined?

Troll. That has nothing to do with this thread and I see no reason why you made such a reply.
Hmm, are you SURE you have the bandwidth? Exactly how much do you have?

Size of all the torrents combined I believe is about 11gb, that's a generous estimate.

Well then you tell me: Over 5.5TB of bandwidth (and growing; I have an account with DreamHost).

And if needed, HTTP download speeds could be capped at something reasonable and yet durable enough for most people's patience.

I would need to talk to Dave about this, assuming he doesn't see this topic himself. The issue with places like Dreamhost is that they tend to sell you more bandwidth than they actually have available... so we'd probably need to go over exactly what kind of hosting situation you have (eg. standard hosting account or dedicated server?) OCR does some brutal levels of traffic. ;)

I'll get back to you soon.

We already have two mirrors with Dreamhost, so leaning on them for a third doesn't make much sense at this point, since neither DH mirror is currently exceeding its bandwidth. I do appreciate the offer though.

As a side note, even 7z compression doesn't tend to reduce MP3s all that much, since the data is already compressed, and to make things (much) easier on everyone, the mirrors don't zip the tracks.

Bandwidth is per month, and it honestly does not hurt to have a third mirror. I already tried looking, but never found any HTTP/FTP mirrors of OC Remix.

I would still very much like to host an HTTP-browsable (with read-only FTP access) mirror. As far is it goes on legal terms with DreamHost, I would be allowed to do this -- I asked these kind of questions before I reactivated my account with them.