Exact Audio Copy - Ripping 'Hidden' Tracks

FiremanJoe

I've been using EAC for a while now, and a few times I've noticed that the first track of a CD is in red, rather than black. I'm lead to believe this means there is a hidden track before track 1- if this is the case, how do I go about ripping it?

A quick google search and looking at the EAC FAQ didn't seem to tell me anything...

Hmm.. any further detail on this? I don't seem to be able to work out how to do it.

In the file menu, Action > Copy Range > Compressed (or Uncompressed) brings up a window with two sliders that cover the entire length of the CD. One sets the start for the rip, the other sets the end.

At the very left side of the sliders' range, the "Relative timepos" field will be a negative number. That's the pregap stuff, so set the start slider all the way left and the end slider where negative becomes positive, then hit okay.

Like I said, this makes my system hang. I just did a quick Google on it, and some drives (mine apparently included) can't read this pregap stuff. If yours can't either, I guess the simplest thing to do would be a line-in recording from a regular CD player.

In the file menu, Action > Copy Range > Compressed (or Uncompressed) brings up a window with two sliders that cover the entire length of the CD. One sets the start for the rip, the other sets the end.

At the very left side of the sliders' range, the "Relative timepos" field will be a negative number. That's the pregap stuff, so set the start slider all the way left and the end slider where negative becomes positive, then hit okay.

Like I said, this makes my system hang. I just did a quick Google on it, and some drives (mine apparently included) can't read this pregap stuff. If yours can't either, I guess the simplest thing to do would be a line-in recording from a regular CD player.

Ah thanks! It worked. =D

I'll just cut the couple of seconds silence off the end of the .wav, then convert to .mp3.