OCR00874 - Raiden Trad "Gallantry (Nobility of Spirit Mix)"

DarkCecil13

Raiden Trad 'Gallantry (Nobility of Spirit Mix)'

Okay - I really, really liked the first part of this mix. I was hoping a style like this would have built up deeper in the same style. Instead, it goes into a techno arrangement starting at about 0:30. Though, it's actually worth it considering how well done it is. Rayza never fails impress me and compose great ReMixes. This one is definitely no exception. Not much else to say other than that I enjoyed listening to it, and it's well done (I couldn't write anything in this style better myself). All I can say is: It's about time we get a Raiden ReMix. The wait was worth it :)

This is a very good mix. I'm not familiar with the original tunes, but this stands by itself very well. Great drum programming that's kept interesting with effects and changes like at 2:20 is consistent throughout. This is good trance/techno stuff that keeps itself from being terribly predictable. The synth used for the lead melody is great and fits right in. Great stuff from Ryza.

Finally! A good Raiden mix! I was considering making a mix of this particular tune myself, but never got around to it. Rayza does some great things with this mix; the orchestral in the beginning is fairly true to the tune, but the techno expands on it with new melodies and things, all of which are good (a few of them fairly standard techno, though.) Lots of cool synths, good drums, and a nice balance between staying true to the original and improvising. I especially love the drum solo at 2:24. The only gripe I have with it is that it's fairly predictable as far as techno goes. As djp would say, reccomended.

I said it before, I really really like this mix. Raiden's been in need of mixage for some time, and I highly enjoyed this one. I especially like the sound of your lead synth, which also kept reminding me of Golden Axe for some reason. As I'm now listening with headphones and taking in more of what's going on in the backround of the music, it only gets better. Awesome mix!

You know what's an awesome experience? Booting up MAME, turning on this mix, setting it to loop, and starting up Raiden. Then, hit "~" and turn the volume down to the point where you can only hear the effects, and not the music. Insert Coin, and enjoy. What a fucking great experience.

I always swore that if I ever became a remixer, this would be the first track I'd cover. Now, I can put that off a little longer.

DOWNLOAD IT.

• 1 month later...

Wow...

This takes a page out of the Book of Juno Reactor. It seems to have a strong psytrance feel to it, but it's also kind of just flat-out techno. I dunno... anyway, I like this. The bassline really got me anticipating what was coming up, and with good reason. All of the cool gliding synth lines are lots of fun, and the main lead is just so massive and appropriate for this song. It's mixed quite well, with nothing too overpowering, and nothing being drowned out. And holy crap, the big melody step-up at 4:03 caught me totally off guard, and all I could do was raise my eyebrows and rewind to hear it again.

Cool. Rayza's one of my new favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The Raiden series soundtracks felt a bit spotty to me; there are some decent cuts, but I never really found myself liking much on there.

The execution here was definitely skillfull and stylish. A little thin in spots, but I loved the overall meaty and energetic atmosphere here.

Great arrangement ideas, this really compares well with the original. Solid development throughout the course of the mix, even showcasing some new writing ideas at the end just to show he wasn't resting on his laurels. Nice work, Hayden.

• 1 year later...

Another old-school workhorse on my playlist, this is pretty well crafted with some really nice synth choices. The snare at the beginning I've always thought was kindof lame and way dry for the effect you are going for, though it works for the rest of the track, and the rest is solid and pretty creative trance, with some cool variations, especially near the end. Builds and breakdowns are well executed, and the song has a nice flow, as well as a driving pulse. I agree with Larry that the source music has some good stuff and then some stuff most likely written by the intern, but this track is definitely one of the stronger ones, and Rayza kicked it up even more. Nice work.

• 1 year later...

Rayza has a wonderful knack for putting the melody first, something I'm greatly appreciative of. All too often in remixes (generally not those on OCR), too much focus is put on the trance whilst the melodic aspects of the mix are relegated to backing tracks. Not so with this mix, with the lead synth doing it's thing right up front in everyone's face.

This is a nice, tight package that doesn't pop as much as perhaps a more modern techno rendition would, but it still sounds extremely well exectued regardless. Some samples wear their age and arrangement is on the narrow side but the pros far outweigh the cons. It's still a standout mix of a great source that could have very easily gone completely overlooked. Nice one.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00874 - Raiden Trad "Gallantry (Nobility of Spirit Mix)"