OCR00875 - OutRun (ARC) "Passing Breeze (Lounge Suite)"

DarkCecil13

Outrun 'Passing Breeze (Lounge Suite)'

This ReMix is great. It's so relaxing. If you've never been into jazzy genres, this will pull you in :) It's beautifully put together, and just overall really well done. I can't think of anything else to say :) I just really like this entire mix. Thumbs up to Remorse giving us our (Believe or not) 4th OutRun ReMix. There was another one back when djp was accepting Impulse Tracker (.IT) files, but that's beside the point. Download this mix now :)

This is great stuff. I've listened to this one a million times by now. It ain't my genre either, really. I mean, I love jazz, but usually not this elevator form of it.

But I love this remix for the quality of the arrangement, the skilly ( <-- new word alert) solos and so on. You can hear that the person behind this knows how to play a keyboard. I could never have pulled this off. Not today.

My favourite part is when the strings come in. And that cool bass thing at 03:32.

Holy smacksaqs! This is awesome here. Really smooth, and at the same time a little groovey. I love the String hits near the end, makes me feel it could have transitioned into a house remix from there :)

My only complaint was an overuse of the guitar run/piano run. But everything is solid, especially the technique in arrangement. The ending was great. Good work, another one for the playlist :)

thanks for the positive feedback guys, i actually had a more upbeat latin remix of the splash wave theme coming but i lost it ALL in a hard drive crash :( samples the lot.. no backups. Anyway, the drums aren't a loop, they are individual samples sequenced.. repetetive but i felt it suited the mood that i was aiming for in the song

glad you guys liked it

• 6 months later...

Yes, this is a fantastic, relaxing, nice-flowing piece of sound/music. Well done, Remorse, on a piece of brilliant music. 8):D

I just need a Turbo OutRun re-mix now (I already have the d0d0 one, which is great)... I live in hope (see my request).

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Fantastically smooth, this is what I call quality remixing!

I love mixes like this that evoke something beyond just being a good song, but other senses too. Listening to this, I can imagine driving along coastal roads on a sunny day with the top down outrun car.

The guitar runs certainly aren't possible to play this cleanly, but they work well, the strength of the mix overall makes up for any issues there. I love the piano chords throughout, and the strings that come in near the end along with the heavier beat really progress things.

Excellent work, highly recommended.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Traditionally, smooth lounge jazz is a totally yawn-worthy genre for me, but I find that videogame melodies add an extra stimulant into the genre that keeps me not only tuned in, but actually liking what I hear a lot. Much is the case here.

I wouldn't class this as straight up lounge, as it tends to get a bit dense and climaxish towards the end which sounds more remiscent of motown disco stuff. This I actually prefer over a structurally conservative lounge piece. As nice as the smooth, laid back sound is, I'm all for the added guts that almost spring up from nowhere.

There are neat little ideas and moments tucked away all throughout this, and additional listens are greatly rewarded; a big asking point from me. Things like holding off on the hook of the piece until the last seconds where everything gets bigger and more layered showcase some nice restraint and very cool arranging.

Sure, the whole thing sounds wildly artificial, but hell, this is lounge music. Audiophiles check their prejudices at the door when they go into a genre that keyboards built. Tackiness comes with the territory, and this seems to wear its tackiness with pride. And so it should, it's a terrific mix on all fronts and it allows me to listen to lounge without killing myself. Who can fault that?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A very well personalized tune, nice soloing and good structure - love the strings at the end. The guitar is unrealistic and a bit dull sounding - the tone and feel of the playing is the same throughout - but what is played is very varied, and it's 2002 anyway.. I'm not very fond of Passing Breeze, but this was a very refreshing arrangement of it.

--Eino

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00875 - OutRun (ARC) "Passing Breeze (Lounge Suite)"