OCR00076 - Mega Man 2 "Wind Shear"

• 1 month later...

I honestly kinda like :50 - 1:09, but that's just me personally....but anyway, you wanna talk about showing your skills, this is perfect example. I mean, an almost 4 minute remix is no piece of cake. I thought this one was done really well, and I enjoy it...and not just because I'm a huge Mega Man fan....;)

• 3 weeks later...

Very good song by AE, and the ending was awesome. First time I heard it, I thought my CD player was skipping, and started shaking it a little, but then I realized it was part of AE's song. Gotta love Megaman based techno, and especially long techno, but the cool thing is, AE stayed creative through the whole song, which is admittedly hard. However, don't stop working at it, AE, or you might lose your touch. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Mega Man 2 'Airman WindShear'

Every Thing About This Mix Is Perfect! The original track was

great (one of my favs) and this remix only rekindled my love

for the song. Super Job AE! Get It! 8)

correct_name.jpg

Funny picture Of the Day / \

____________________ |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i like every part of this song. particularly the ending, where it gets all weird. it keeps the track from being monotonous.

this is an all-around good tune. as with all other remixes by AE, this one is on my cd-rw that seems to be permanently in my CD/MP3 player.

i will admit though, Stainless Steel is my favorite of AE's remixes, but Windshears is still up to the insanely high standard he set for himself.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Holy crap. I was going over every song in my ReMix Collection and found this. I immediatly memorized the track and kept it in memory (Which I only do with songs I REALLY friggin love, IE FF7-Rape Of A Planet by mp, CT&Xenogears-Downwind, MM2-The tallest building, and many more) I also thought the skipping was my CD Player, and I started shaking it, then thought, 'OH CRAP! THIS GREAT SONG IS SCREWED UP!' then I backtracked it on my server, and found that THAT was skippy too, and I realized it was an awesome effect to keep the song from getting bland! anyhoo, This mix is great in 100's of aspects, and I'm sorry for myself when I think that I skipped listening to it because of a wierd intro! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• 5 weeks later...

Wow... this is really incredible. Really, really great mix. Incredible drum programming. Nice phase/modulation effects. The breakdown around 1:50 as well as the nice pads (mixed kind of low) that associate the main melody with a major key were very effective. If anything, I thought the 3:20 effects showed AE's skill, but took away from the songs momentum, but I know he must have had a reason to put it there, and I respect his artistic integrity.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is neat. Airman´s stage wasn´t that hard to clear, but I can still remember how it was jumping from one of the floating heads to the other. This was clearly an updated vesrion, you can hear that there is other synths. But did you really have to take synths that sounds too much like the original?

Eh. It had good beats, that´s a unwrited rule for megamanremixes, AE knew that. Also good idea to put in some natural sounds in this one, the wind....

...eh, where was I? Oh yeah, cool remix AE.

• 2 months later...
AE is the big man.

He has many wives.

And many pigs.

'Nuff said.

Hmm.... seconded.

I like the sorta skipping effect near the end. Thats pretty cool, I wish I could emulate that someday. I liked the beat, and the instrument does sound close to the original, but I think thats what gives it more of a familiar edge, allowing anybody to sit down and enjoy this. 7/10 :D

|GX

• 1 month later...
Mega Man 2 'Airman WindShear'

I really like this mix. It's not much more than the NES track (only really beefed up) but it sounds great...

ditto. i mean, this is how this song should b, made almost like its NSF conterpart but adding some tidbits, like the big bass, synths and such. i heard it and was blown by the bass hits. definatly a classic here. A/E has done some pretty badass hits but i think this is one of his best. and I AM saying this because i am a big MegaMan fan.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Exceptionally classy, especially considering this is a double digit mix. Plenty going on, and even brings in the 'official' drum sound. Panning transitions were excellent, and the energy on this was great. The attention to detail on each part of this really has it rise above. The mass stutters at the end remind me of fan blades; pretty fitting ;-)

AE's reputation as a top-tier mixer is pretty well earned, i'd say. Fantastic work.

• 4 months later...

AE sure had loads of fun with this mix. Here he sprinkles stutter and reverb left and right, maintains the sweeping wind ambience, and even includes a couple of 8-bit basslines from the source, among other things. Some of the leads sound really gummy and chewy (and therefore tasty :P). I also welcome back-and-forth panning sections like 1:41 - 1:43 because they sound awesome on both headphones and speakers.

The mood takes a serious turn at 0:50, but the synths keep the rapidfire pace before it transitions back into the original "open skies" feel. You can almost read AE's thoughts as he worked on 3:05 - 3:24: "Let's cut half the synths first, okay, and then let's throw off the beat a little, yeah, and then the volume gets turned down and blasts back, then we'll finish with some uber-tite rapid percussion!" The ending's kinda creepy, kinda tense, especially when it goes mute all of a sudden. It's like the final blow to really "knock the wind out of me."

• 1 year later...

Right out of the gate, you can already start to hear the "AE" style. Very old school and very cool. Very similar in its progression from his first remix, "FlashFire". The synth and syncopated drum breakdown was a nice touch. However, it certainly doesn't come across as a breakdown. The drums are crazy fast and intense, minus the low end. The synth solo is wonderfully done. If that wasn't sequenced, then oh my goodness. If it was programmed, then OH MY GOODNESS! The brief reverses, glitches, and stutters were a very nice addition. The track becomes a little repetitive in the drums, but its not overly terrible. The ending was very abrupt which I wish wasn't the case. However, that aside, this is still a very solid piece.

• 3 years later...

I can totally hear A_Rival's amazing low-fi'ed heavy energy style as soon as this ReMix gets going. The section near the beginning really gets the air and high skies theme going strong. And those glitches near the end do have a stuttering fan vibe in terms of how the volume cuts off a little and then comes back. For a ReMix in the first hundred, this isn't bad at all.

• 1 year later...

Wooooooosh

Very similar in structure to their first mix Flash Fire, actually. Almost like a 'plus' version of the original, with the source melody almost entirely intact and instead choosing to upgrade the instruments and include an original breakdown in the middle. I sort of wish more liberties were taken with the actual Air Man theme we know and love, but I guess that's not always necessary... The little touches, glitches, sputtering outs of it all do put a little personality that goes a long way I suppose 

So yeah! Not bad!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00076 - Mega Man 2 "Wind Shear"