SGX ALBUM - Hero of the Grey Area - download $4.99 - OUT NOW!

sgx

The STORE IS OPEN.

Hero of the Grey Area - buy straight from me (I get 100% of the money except paypal fees) - Physical $14.99 - Digital $5.00 - Details + information + samples

OR

CD IS NOW ON CDBABY:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/sgx4

Disc is $14.50 and the download through cdbaby is $6.99

OR

ALBUM IS NOW ON ITUNES

Hero of the Grey Area on iTunes

ORDERS ARE SHIPPING NOW

You get the download version instantly when you preorder the physical from my store

hotga_cover_250.jpg

www.sgxmusic.com/hotga.htm

I have streaming previews of every track on the album, downloads of all the previews and full songs available at the page above. If you follow my stuff, you'll know that I do release some of the tracks I put on my albums to gather interest, but I've only released two full tracks and a few shortened versions for free from this album. There's about 40 minutes of tunes you haven't heard yet on this album. Also, everything has been professionally mastered, so you haven't heard the NIIICE sounding versions of the tracks either.

I'm doing a little experiment with the pricing of the download version - For a possibly limited time, I'm setting the price at $4.99 to start, with the option of 'tipping' me if you should so please. Normally, I think I'd set the price at $7.99, so I'm going to watch how much comes in, and decide in a month or so to put it back to fixed pricing or not.

You have the choice between high quality VBR Mp3 and FLAC lossless audio format.

The physical CD is set at $14.99 with free shipping. Whenever you buy a physical item from me, you also get the download version free so that you can listen right away. If you've ever seen copies of the limited edition Chroma, Outmoded, or SGXRMX2, you'll know I do discs up right with sexy on-disc printing and a nice deluxe jewel case from these guys.

IN ADDITION:

itt_thumb.jpg

One of the songs on the album is a mega long track with four separate "movements" I split into four tracks. I was experimenting with re-using and modifying elements in different ways, inspiring new things that would then be brought back to earlier parts, etc, so while the four parts are pretty different, they all owe pieces of themselves to eachother and are related.

I thought it would be cool to send these pieces of the song to some friends and have them use them to build their own continuations of the piece (or you could just say "remix" if you're boring).

Malcos, Nicole Adams, Hy Bound, and David L. Puga gave me 5 great tracks which I put together with mine on the i.transmit.this EP.

You can add i.transmit.this EP to your Hero of the Grey Area download purchase for $2.50, and to your Disc purchase for $4.99. You can purchase separately for more money - details on the page. The physical is a nice disc in a slim-case with a two-sided print insert.

Please check out the demos, grab the free tracks. Enjoy.

I'm pretty proud of Hero of the Grey Area - I felt a bit aimless after my last couple of albums which were all over the place in terms of style and tone. Hero focuses my ideas a bit. I still exhibit a diverse group of styles from lots of electronic genres, but I feel the tone of the whole album is a bit more homogeneous and makes for a more complete and interesting piece of work that stands together instead of as a collection of singles.

I will definitely buy this, I can't wait. Every piece of work you create is amazing and I have no doubt that this will not fail to impress me. I will try and give you as much money as I can to see that you get the reward that you deserve for all of your great music. I sure hope you can land a good recording or distribution deal in your future because you definitely deserve it for having such a unique, electronic, creative, and emotional sound.

I am gonna start downloading this ASAP, Keep up the good work, SGX. I hope this album is a great success.

Very cool. More SGX aural goodness. I'm streaming the audio right now and it sounds really polished and even more professional. I always love the use of strings/orchestral elements, it really adds a level of depth to the music.

I like the pricing idea and hope that works out for you. Interesting hybrid approach to setting a price but encouraging fans to "pay what they feel." Oddly enough it makes me more inclined to pay a little more if it is up to me. :)

Added to my Xmas wishlist/shopping list!

EDIT: Side note... VBR vs FLAC. Since FLAC is lossless I can use this format to create my own VBR MP3s as needed, yes? Same idea as ripping a CD to MP3 (naturally some loss of quality will occur). If this is true, then wouldn't choosing the FLAC option make more sense so that one would always have lossless backup version (even if you use/prefer MP3s?)

Thanks and sorry if that is off-topic but I was just wondering...

Yes, both ways are acceptable, I was just joshin' ya. Although, I tend to think of grey as a lighter shade of gray. Or maybe gray is a color, while grey is a colour.

Yeah, I read that grey is the more euro way of doing it. Grey Pupon!!! FANCY! I wanna be fancy! Also "Gray" makes me think of Gray-"disappearing act"-lightning. :)

Dragon, you are right about FLAC. They sound the same as the CD will. You can encode them down however you might like. The reason I don't have them as the only option is because only a minority know what it is really...and the majority aren't going to tell the difference between audio quality and get what they know - the mp3s. FLAC is a much larger download too.

I've got the cart set up....tested paypal connection. Working on re-adding all my old products. 30 min or so plzzzz. Thanks.

EDIT: AYE!! Just in case you are browsing around in my shop (I dont' think I have the link anywhere yet, do I?), DON'T BUY ANYTHING YET. I'm NOT READY. Someone bought something....think it went through correctly, but everything isn't set up yet. Thankx.

OK THE STORE IS OPEN

www.protagonistrecords.net/buy/

In particular,

Hero of the Grey Area - Physical - Digital - Details + information

ORDERS FOR THE CD ARE PREORDERS.

The physical printing hasn't yet begun and I'm going on a vacation to Colorado for a week and a half this weekend. I was going to get a shipment out before I left, but at this point, I feel that I can't guarantee that will happen. It is a possibility I'll get a few out the door before then, but unlikely. You still get the download version instantly when you preorder the physical

Hey man, its probably me who bought it too early... the link was actually up on your site yesterday, just as a placeholder I assume, but it was still there. I just went to it as soon as i got up this morning, wanting something to listen to in the car lol.

I havent had a thorough listen yet but I think the influence of BT's Binary Universe is quite clear in a few tracks, which makes them all the better. The title track is one of the standouts, it introduces everything so well, and has a wonderful atmosphere, like most of the rest of the cd.

It's definately more cohesive than past albums and works well as a whole because of it.

Hey man, its probably me who bought it too early... the link was actually up on your site yesterday, just as a placeholder I assume, but it was still there. I just went to it as soon as i got up this morning, wanting something to listen to in the car lol.

I havent had a thorough listen yet but I think the influence of BT's Binary Universe is quite clear in a few tracks, which makes them all the better. The title track is one of the standouts, it introduces everything so well, and has a wonderful atmosphere, like most of the rest of the cd.

It's definately more cohesive than past albums and works well as a whole because of it.

No problem. I checked the order and afaik it went through correctly, right? I did have a link up on my site by accident...I had meant to disable it, but my ftp errored on uploading the update to the page with the disabled link and I never noticed.

Glad you like it.

I haven't listened to the album all the way through yet, but from what Danny has sent me over the months has been amazing. I remember hearing "i.transmit.this" in its early stages and what it has developed into is incredible. Great job, Danny! Also, thank you for letting me be a part of the kickass EP. Nice job to everyone involved. *applauds*

A quick note about my remix: The way I mixed and mastered it was intentional. I wanted it to have a gritty, chaotic and somewhat vintage feel.