SGX ALBUM - Hero of the Grey Area - download $4.99 - OUT NOW!

sgx

The samples are Siiiick.

But if I buy a physical copy, and I want a personalized fucking signature. You hear me, you green bastard?

Yeah dude - put that in the comments section when you order and I'm happy to do that.

I just want to say....I'm selling a lot of music here and it is great :). Much more, faster than I had expected. Thanks so much to everyone who has been buying, and since almost everybody who went for the the download has tipped, thanks for that too! Much appreciated.

man, bought this the second SGX told me the shop was open :D. Very very awesome work. Personally over all I think I enjoyed chroma better. Mostly because of the genres. Maybe its just the fact that Ive only listened to HOTGA in my car, and havent really taken the time to listen to it intensely. I think it just feels too ambient for me, but I might end up changing my mind after I listen to the album a few more times :D.

Also. i.transmit.this in its entirety is my absolute favorite song by you SGX :D. Its just absolutely amazing. If I ever burn a custom cd with that on there, I'm totally joining all of them and making it one continuous song, cause thats totally how it should be :P.

Again, great job :D Production is amazing as well :D.

Finally listened to it all. This is the shit. The four part i.transmit.this is downright brilliant, and so are the remixes. "A Meal for a Whale" and "i.transmit.this.transfiguration" are my favorites so far from my first listen, and I really dig the Nicole Adams mix, but I love them all.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it, Jerry. It's somewhat of a different style for me, but maybe I'll do something like it again one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

So, now that people have had a chance to listen, I would be interested to hear your thoughts. I'm bracing myself a bit because I know this album is a bit different, maybe sort of abstract and slower than some of my previous stuff, so I think there will be a section of my audience that will not love it.

But I think it is a strong album, and now that I've completed a major work in this style, it is time for me to move to another aesthetic for a bit. Time for some experimentation. I'm thinking I'll be doing some more poppy/clubby stuff that is more crowdpleasing. Plus I'll do some remixes (OCremixes and other stuff).

Sales have been awesome. Almost everybody is adding the i.transmit.this EP to their order, and almost everybody has tipped a bit on the download. I think I'll keep that option out there for a while.

Thanks a whole lot to everyone who has purchased! I really appreciate it, and the tips have been generous. A lot of that money will go back into software and sample libraries (Live 7 and Colossus, I'm looking at you).

Also, please let me know what you thought of the purchasing process...I want to refine it where I can and make sure I can get rid of anything that is confusing or unweildy. I plan to sell a lot more music this way in the future.

Thanks doods.

Well, I just posted in WIP:O how much I like this album. It's definitely not the kind of album that you pick random tracks that you feel like listening to. It's something that you have to take in as a whole to really appreciate. What I find amazing is that a lot of the songs are longer than 7 minutes, but they never get boring or repetitive and I never get the urge to skip to the next track. That said, none of the songs "feel" long because they are so engaging. Every track fits the tone of the album while bringing something new to the table. I think I've listened to the album from start to finish 10 times already.

Another thing worth noting: I was hauling some friends up to Vegas for vacation and one of my buddies said "Ok dude, who the hell is this because this is some of the best electronic music I've ever heard."

So, I've listened to the album enough times to get a definite feel. Quite frankly, some of these tracks are downright beautiful. As dark as it may sound to some people, it really gave me a, hopeful, almost nostalgic feeling. This is the exact type of album I like listening to.

So, bravo sir, you have achieved an album that not only remains constant in it's overall sound, but stunningly... "pretty".

Only had enough money loaded on PayPal for the downloads so got me some FLAKs, but after listening through it all I have to say I may just be forced to go through the annoying (when your credit card sucks) process of recharging and ordering the physical copies too. Definitely was that good. Might have to listen to some samples of "older" stuff too, think I've missed out on some good stuff here...

"Free shipping" are wonderful words, by the way. : )

Just curious.... when will this be on itunes? Wondering because i got a gift card on christmas and need to spend it on something.:razz:

CDbaby who I use to get my stuff on iTunes (and other services) just sent the stuff off to iTunes. I've had it take 1-3 months for my other CD's. Zircon's album was up in like 1 week or something though, so I really can't say when it will be up. I will make a post here, and update my site when it does go up.

If you don't want to buy the downloads of my site (I guess you don't like paypal or don't trust me or something), CDbaby offers mp3 downloads of my albums I have on there. Hero of the Grey Area will be up within a week I hope. The i.transmit.this EP won't be available there though - that's exclusive to my site.

Torzelan - glad you like it, man! If you want, I'll refund your money for the digitals if you are going to buy the physical. Let me know. Send an email to sgx@sgxmusic.com

edit: fun fact - I sold 19 GB of music through my store in December! Woo.