Vandread

dsx100

Seeing as there are many anime fans here at OCR, I was wondering if anyone here has seen Vandread and quite possibily liked it?

I'm not a huge Anime fan at all ( I mostly only watch DBZ and Ghost in the Shell), but I really enjoyed Vandread quite a bit. One of my friends who is a huge Anime/Manga fan also enjoyed it a lot. It also seems like an anime that would appeal to a lot of people but yet it doesn't seem very popular. I can't even find any of the DVDs anymore. From what I hear it was very popular is japan, but went relatively unkown in the states. Or maybe its just because its sort of old and I just got into it now.

So I guess, I just wanted to get other peoples thoughts on it. Do you like or not? Was it ok? Do you own any of the DVDs? Would like to see it continued? etc.

I really enjoyed it and its pretty hard to find anyone to discuss it with.

I've never seen it but I've always wanted to. Another anime maybe you should checkout; Gun X Sword. It's by the people that did cowboy bebop. It's kind of wild west mixed with mech battles. I enjoyed that quite a bit but I've never heard anyone else mention it, was on par with Bebop for me, and everyone goes ape shit over Cowboy Bebop.

I've never seen it but I've always wanted to. Another anime maybe you should checkout; Gun X Sword. It's by the people that did cowboy bebop.

Uh... No it's not. None of the writers, producers or directors from Cowboy Bebop are listed anywhere in the Gun X Sword staff list. Nor did they share any common voice actors (maybe some minor ones for secondary and background characters, but that's usually not mentioned in cast lists). They had different composers and performers for the soundtracks, and they even used other animation studios from each other (again, there is some overlap, but that's because there are only so many studios these days. Everyone ends up using them all at some point).

Seriously, go look it up. Wikipedia and IMDB have both staffs listed. You can compare yourself.

I've never seen it but I've always wanted to. Another anime maybe you should checkout; Gun X Sword. It's by the people that did cowboy bebop. It's kind of wild west mixed with mech battles. I enjoyed that quite a bit but I've never heard anyone else mention it, was on par with Bebop for me, and everyone goes ape shit over Cowboy Bebop.

I'll check it out. However I'm mostly a sci-fi/cyper-punk fan more than anything else so odds are I won't care much for it but i'l still check it out. I'm open to a lot of new ideas.

You should've downloaded them when they were out on fansubs. I think they are in MIRC if you're persistent about finding them. Vandread was pretty good overall and it really was well made. The girls actually had a bit more going than just being fanservice. And the English voice acting was actually.... great.

Gun X Sword isn't exactly a serious show except for the final episodes. Not sure how people tend to view Taniguchi Goro anime (Scryed, Code Geass). But I like them. A lot.

You should've downloaded them when they were out on fansubs. I think they are in MIRC if you're persistent about finding them. Vandread was pretty good overall and it really was well made. The girls actually had a bit more going than just being fanservice. And the English voice acting was actually.... great.

I'm not sure if this post was directed at me but I 'm assuming it is. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I have already seen all the Vandread episodes. My friend kindly ripped them for me. I was looking for them on DVD merely as a collector's idea and so I can watch them on my DVD players.

Also I agree that the English voice acting was good. Its one of the few animes I prefer to watch in English. Maybe its becuase they weren't subject to censorship like other popular animes.

I loved Vandread. It is one of the few animes that I can stomach at all. I thought it to be a charming little space story with giants robots and really good animation. As evidence from my article on Epic Gaming, I don't like alot of mainsteam anime. I liked Vandread simply for the fact that they had awesome twists and even more awesome fights. But I digest......

Hmm. Never heard of it, but I'll check it out. I'm not a big fan of mainstream anime myself. Most of the stuff I've actually enjoy is the slightly more obscure, thought provoking ones like Gunslinger Girl.

If you like thought provoking animes, Vandread is a definate win. There are tons of philosophical elements in it and other moral stuff. It definately got me thinking about a lot of things.

If you want THE most comprehensive space anime, everyone should watch Planetes as quickly as possible. The characters are all memorable, and the situation in the near-future-space is very plausible, replete with your good buddy Islamic terrorist. It's easily the most well made space anime IMO. Even a few steps above Cowboy Bebop for me.

Maybe not too surprisingly, it's directed by the director of Gun X Sword, Scryed and Code Geass, Taniguchi Goro.