Lost epic project file!

I have two versions of fruity loops on my computer, for some reason, this one is FL6 and for some reason it doesn't save files! But what it DOES do is overwrite them with empty content.

So now I've lost the original file! Argh!

Is there any way to restore the file, I still have the project data loaded up. Can i extract it from memory or something?

Do I detect the use of a cracked copy?

I have a full version, like I said, that saves files fine. When a friend was giving me music and crap he installed the newer version (v. 6) which is obviously cracked. I opened it up in the wrong version, and saved over my file. I guess that's what I get for making music and 4 O clock at night.

I just need to get the information out of RAM/temp files and into a file that I can use with the older version.. though that'd be hard. I'll have to buy the new FL now just to get it... argh...

I have a full version, like I said, that saves files fine. When a friend was giving me music and crap he installed the newer version (v. 6) which is obviously cracked. I opened it up in the wrong version, and saved over my file. I guess that's what I get for making music and 4 O clock at night.

I just need to get the information out of RAM/temp files and into a file that I can use with the older version.. though that'd be hard. I'll have to buy the new FL now just to get it... argh...

You can only guarantee that the file will be in RAM if you still have it open in FL, and even then, it won't be in the form of a FruityLoops file, it'll be a bunch of more or less random values scattered across the program's memory.

A file recovery tool might work, depending on how FL saves files. You can search around on Google, there are a few decent ones out there. Have it scan the directory where your original file was and see what turns up.

If you have a legit version, you shouldn't have to buy anything. Updates are free.

You don't normally save multiple versions of the same project? I save a new one before every major change. If you do that you can go back and not have to redo as much if something gets screwed up.

Well that makes things easier. Still need to get the data of this though...