OCR01657 - Shadow of the Colossus "Wanderer on the Offensive (Live Edit)"

djpretzel

Wow amazing work on the guitar. I'm very impressed. I would have to side with Dhsu on the way that the harmonies were a little simple. I would have liked to hear a drastic key change midway throughout the piece. The viola playing at the end was slightly tentative for me, may have to do something with the phrasing. These are really nitpick and subjective things though. Great work!

This is rad. I've got a ps2 collecting dust somewhere. I need to play this game. Excellent collaboration. You know? I'd love to work together on something with others here. There are 2 problems with this, one all I play is piano,recorder flute, and keyboards of course. The other being that I use a couple of versions of magix music maker combined together for added power. This is fine for solo projects. But these programs are best for live recordings. That means give me the bpm, and hope that things mesh lol.

But yeah, this is great. Things like these inspire one even in my circumstances to opt for a shot at working together with great talent!

Just excellent!

Amazing work by everyone. This mix was an instant save after I heard it. The mix of heavy guitar work with the classic, epic feel of the viola really reminded me of the works of Apocalyptica for some reason, although they're playing cellos, and there was significantly more guitar in this.

Either way, I suppose that's irrelevant. Excellent work on all accounts. Seamless, unified... keep it coming. I'm looking forward to hearing more like this.

Amazing work by everyone. This mix was an instant save after I heard it. The mix of heavy guitar work with the classic, epic feel of the viola really reminded me of the works of Apocalyptica for some reason, although they're playing cellos, and there was significantly more guitar in this.

Either way, I suppose that's irrelevant. Excellent work on all accounts. Seamless, unified... keep it coming. I'm looking forward to hearing more like this.

Wow, thanks...I'm pretty much obsessed with apocalyptica, so to have someone say that it sounded like that is awesome...especially since I don't really think of myself as being anywhere near their ability level.

I'm up for recording more stuff like this...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a play-by-play review.

Oh sh*t.

The opening is just blowing me away. If I were a drummer, I think I'd be jumping into the seat and pounding away! The energy in this is just amazing. There's some sort of synthy echo effect as the strings come on, which normally I'd hate, but it adds so much more to the atmosphere here.

Compared to the original, there isn't too much variation. Yes, there are crazy solos, but I'm just speaking theme-wise.

I might suggest a drum solo if you ever decide to add more to the piece. The guitarist is amazing, ridiculous even, but a drum solo would be something new and interesting that would add some flare to the piece.

Viola adds a nice clarity to the piece. If you didn't have it, I think it'd have been seriously debilitating because there's just so much sound and noise.

If I compare it to the soundtrack, it doesn't quite fit in that it's not scary or spooky in the least bit. But that's obviously not what you were going for. This is definitely something you slay monsters to however, just not with the slightly eerie fog, but with a fog machine on a stage...with crowds of people cheering for you on the sidelines.

Beautiful crisp ending.

This shall be the song I either wake up to end the day with, because it's just that good. Congrats.

I have nothing intelligent to say.

The mix kicks ass. I never imagined such a thing could be inspired by a game that is such a work of art. The game itself is subdued compared to most, but when you take on the colossi, all hell breaks loose. I feel kind of like this mix represents the hell-loosing aspect of the game while keeping the grace of the artistry in the viola.

All I can really say is, *WOW*.

Yet another nod to the viola. This song is easily the best remix I've heard in a long time; to be honest, I've listened to nothing but for the last two days. The arrangement is really great, and Sixto's guitar playing is awesome as usual. The viola is what makes it stand out for me though. It's obviously a fairly easy part, but it contrasts the rest of the piece so well, and the way it's used, simple is better (plus, it's probably playing one of the two source melodies, I'm guessing). I'm curious to know whether the viola in the last 16 bars of the piece was improv or written. Regardless, a great job by everyone, and kudos on making an unconventional instrumentation work really well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Holy crap! I was inputting random numbers to see random remixes. I input 01657 and this popped up. DJP said it was sick (I don't think you're too old to say that :wink:) so I thoought I'd check it out. I didn't even notice Sixto worked on it until after the song was finished. Regardless, this is now one of my favorite OCRemixes of all time. Everything comes together seamlessly and it doesn't sound like there could be any possible way to improve this song that is FULL OF WIN, as they say. Great work to all involved!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shadow of the Colossus in... rock. How awesome could that be? Well I soon found out, and I wasn't disapointed to say the least.

I honestly wasn't imagining electric guitars could enhance the source so well, and truth be told, the violin solos just blew me away.

The cohesivness of this mix is impecable, and it's always amazing to hear some already great source being refreshed so effectively.

It has a different yet slightly more convincing 'battle' feel to it. I already imagine holding my puny blade while this song plays in the background,

providing me with an appropriate adrenaline rush, effectively preparing me to get stomped on by a 200 ft tall building. ;D

Joke aside, this is an astounding remix. It has emotion, passion, energy and focus.

I wholeheartedly recommend it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Check it out: http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/question-answer/22479-floor-music.html

The short version: somewhere in NC, there is a gymnast (not one of mine) who plans to use this track as her floor routine music this season.

.... And I ran into her at a meet last night. The routine was AWESOME, and the audience definitely dug the music.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01657 - Shadow of the Colossus "Wanderer on the Offensive (Live Edit)"