OCR01657 - Shadow of the Colossus "Wanderer on the Offensive (Live Edit)"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Earlier tonight I thought I discovered something negative about this mix that I had never noticed before: it's repetitive. (Bear with me here!) So I came to this thread to write a post complaining about such, but I wasn't willing to do a drive-by hit piece, I wanted to break it down and do some analysis.

Here's what I found: the only reason I had thought this mix was repetitive was that I had randomly seeked (sought?) through it and got a repetition of the same source recording, and this happened a couple times. That was too hasty a judgment on my part, in fact I now think I was 100% wrong. :^) Probably it was the once-repeated viola segment that got me. That's definitely forgivable; it's balanced out by the variant viola immediately before the guitar outro shred.

I have now listened to the mix six or more times in a row without getting tired of it in the least. Sure, it's pieced together from a library of live recordings, but that's normal for an online collaboration. When listened to as intended (beginning to end), it all flows very naturally. Not only does it not feel repetitive when played normally, it also doesn't feel repetitive when played in a loop. That's amazing; few songs can do that, and I'm sorry I ever thought ill of this mix. I will definitely listen to it again sometime soon!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Best remix ever.

I somehow stumbled onto the original (sans live recording) version of this remix before the newer version was posted to OCR and loved it. I've been listening to this version since it got posted but I just never got around to voicing how amazing it is until now. Not only is this my favorite remix ever, it's up among my top five favorite songs altogether, remix or otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As I once heard someone say about this remix, it makes you want to go out and stab giants to death! This remix is great for getting the adrenaline going, and Wanderer on the Offensive is a terrible song to go driving to... it'll turn you into some sort of speed demon! This remix kicks ass because it's metal done right!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow....this is utterly incredible! Violin and hard-hitting percussion along with Sixto guitar!? This is easily one of the best ReMixes I've heard in the last few months! So much justice and epicness in one ReMix, you'd be crazy not to download it!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01657 - Shadow of the Colossus "Wanderer on the Offensive (Live Edit)"