OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

I've been dealing with people claiming to be me, stealing my music and other OCR tracks and claiming as their own, but as soon as I try to confront em, they delete their accounts and disappear. This time, the douche stuck around.

Some crotchsniffer on newsgrounds posted Project Chaos music as his own, not sure if it was just my music or the whole project. Someone informed me of this, and that same person confronted the douchebag, but he has since deleted those particular songs. BUT, his account is still there and I don't know how much more of the music is stolen.

Here's a link to his profile:

http://1337n00bpwner.newgrounds.com/audio/

I don't know if this is a big deal to people, but, some of you with posted remixes should probably check that to make sure it's not your work renamed.

What's really funny is that he didn't even rename some of the files (or at least a couple I just checked on, "Metroid Funkpower Remix", whose filename was "105113_Metroid_SamusStrut_OC_ReMi.mp3", and "The Metroid Rap, whose filename was "88194_djbritt_Urban_Epidemic_Met.mp3" :lmassoff: )

1337 n00B don't know how to rename files. that's 74|\/|3

Shot a PM to both him and Tommy Fulp. I sounded REALLY official. Hopefully Mr. Fulp will consider bringing the hammer down.

If you want to sound official, it helps to actually have an official write something. But thanks, Sam.

ParagonX9 is an audio moderator at Newgrounds, so I sent him a PM. I don't think there's any reason to message Tommy and go that high up when Newgrounds has tons of cases of plagiarism every day. Jermain will more likely be able to do something.

If you want to sound official, it helps to actually have an official write something. But thanks, Sam.

ParagonX9 is an audio moderator at Newgrounds, so I sent him a PM. I don't think there's any reason to message Tommy and go that high up when Newgrounds has tons of cases of plagiarism every day. Jermain will more likely be able to do something.

Thank you Larry. I'll thank you personally during Magfest ;)

Sorry for the long post. The guy emailed me back. I'm okay giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe because I'm a pushover. He seems totally willing to remove the plaigiarized songs, at least. Anyway.

For your reading pleasure:

1337n00bpwner said:

"I know. 1337n00bpwner used to be two people. Me, and my friend Matt. Matt uploaded a few songs, and I thought he knew you couldn't plagiarize. Apparently he didn't. Me and him used to respond to different reviews we got for our own songs. No one could really tell until I had a phrase and my pen name (eldavarr) under my reviews and responses. But only on long ones. Matt stopped going on NG a while ago, and I was recently informed that he stole the songs. I deleted all of his songs except for one. Metroid brinstar remix cannot be removed like the other ones. I have no idea why. I would prefer it if Tom was not contacted about this unless he can delete the song. If you can help, I would appreciate it. I am not bullshitting you, I am entirely serious. I am sorry about what my friend did. I don't even know what Over Clocked Remix is, anyways. I am appalled at what Matt did.

Spread the good word, friend.

~1337n00bpwner~

~Eldavarr~

At 12/15/07 2:06 PM, DjSammyG wrote: Hey. Maybe stop plagiarizing. I'm a member of Overclocked ReMix, where you got those songs you posted on the audio portal from. Delete them. NOW. We are contacting Tom Fulp now to discuss a possible ban for your actions if you do not delete all of the songs you plagiarized."