OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

So it won't be official, but okay, we'll show it at all of our cons and panels? :roll:

It's still moronic. He plagiarized, yeah, but he's still a KID. Just go through the proper channels and get the stuff taken down. There's never any good reason to take internet drama and move it into the real world.

Hire a gay stripper to visit a 14 year old kid at his house and post it on YouTube, just because he wanted to increase the size of his e-penis on the web? Seriously? You people are fucked up, and I don't mean that in the "haha you guys are soooo fucked up nice work" way.

Every time we see this kind of thing I see people who get massively, massively indignant on behalf of the artists, to the point where they start planning stupid shit like this. It's overkill. Cut it out.

I know it can be hard to tell when things are in written form, but some people seriously need to figure out what sarcasm is. I highly doubt that anyone here is serious about anything that's been suggested. But as musicians and music fans in general, we all get pissed off when we see someone, even a 14 year old kid, blatantly stealing other peoples work. Everyone's simply venting their frustrations, so let them have at it.

I know it can be hard to tell when things are in written form, but some people seriously need to figure out what sarcasm is. I highly doubt that anyone here is serious about anything that's been suggested. But as musicians and music fans in general, we all get pissed off when we see someone, even a 14 year old kid, blatantly stealing other peoples work. Everyone's simply venting their frustrations, so let them have at it.

Except that when you read this:

Actually, I was thinking that a show of shear and utter force would make people think twice about stealing from here in the future.

Nothing illegal, just something embarrassing and on Youtube. That you could show at cons and stuff. Sort of a companion to that "How to get rejected on OCR" video.

And let's face it, OCR would go down in history as a site that did the most awesome and amazing retaliation in internet history.

Of course, it would be completely unofficial and not from the site's owners and operators in any way. It would be entirely the work of private citizens and whatnot.

You see that TheDamned is actually seriously considering the idea, to the point where he's coming up with reasons where it won't be so bad.

It's still moronic. He plagiarized, yeah, but he's still a KID. Just go through the proper channels and get the stuff taken down. There's never any good reason to take internet drama and move it into the real world.

Every time we see this kind of thing I see people who get massively, massively indignant on behalf of the artists, to the point where they start planning stupid shit like this. It's overkill. Cut it out.

quoted for emphasis

A little bit of humiliation can go a long way. If you don't teach him a lesson, he'll keep doing it. If you show some retaliation, it will show them not to do the same thing again. When I was 14, a.k.a. "a kid", I robbed stores left and right. Vandalized things.

As you expected, my shit got ruined, and I deserved every bit of it. It taught me a lesson, and I started to straighten up after realizing that I can't get away with pulling crap on people.

I say ridicule the kid. He deserves it. You're calling him out on the internet, for what he is. It's not like you're physically beating him. Once he realizes what he's done, leave him be.

I don't agree with the philosophy of waiting until someone grows up to inform them that they are doing wrong. Then you just end up with a full grown assclown.

He's 14, not 4, that's not a "little kid" that still hasn't figured out what "stealing" means.

I agree. Stealing is stealing. It's one thing to be four years old and take a toy out of the store because you thought it looked cool. The kid is still punished for it, but the situation is understandable: he's four. He doesn't understand that you have to pay for stuff if you want.

But this is different. This guy is 14. He has stolen work and claimed it as his own... Not only that, but then he proclaims that its his over the internet! So if you have a problem with the fact that he's "young" and "doesn't understand" or whatever, at least flame him for being stupid.

You see that TheDamned is actually seriously considering the idea, to the point where he's coming up with reasons where it won't be so bad.

Seriously, I've said things a hundred times worse to friends and never meant a word. Things that would get me banned if I repeated them. I've even rationalized worse things, but that doesn't mean I'd seriously do them. I seriously doubt TheDamned meant any of it, anymore than anyone else has. You don't really think that DragonFirKai is actually advocating dropping a nuke on him do you? Until someone starts to actually plan and begin implementing some sort of retaliation, all I see is a bunch of people having a little fun with this situation. I still think you need to lighten up a bit.

Yeah DS, calm down. You're the one overreacting here. Maybe, MAYBE, if it was some asshole that just stole and stole and stole, never made any attempt to right things, he was an adult, and he gave us a giant, collective "fuck you" for our efforts to get him to take OCR stuff down... MAYBE it would be an idea. It might be feasible and even entertaining. Again, let me use a big MAYBE here to get the point across.

You need to calm yourself, DS. You're reading way too much into this.

Personally, I think this is a worse offense than his musical theft shenanigans...it's like being stabbed in the brain with words. And the scary part is that there are two more chapters. Let's hope he sticks with his music career, 'cause at least it's a crime he can get arrested for.