OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

Nah, this guys is just a little twerp. No need for fantasy violence for this one.

There's sort of a rating system for this sort of thing. In my mind, it goes kind of like this:

[SIZE="3"]
| If there was anything past here, it would involve fire
| <- and possibly jail time for one or more people, so let's
| not go this far, mmmkay?
|
10 <- Record it and put it on Youtube as an example to other thieves
|
9 <- Send a gay strip-a-gram to his house
|
|
7 <- Mail to his hoous very real legal ramifications
|
|
5 <- OCRAPS posts the truth on his account(s) on all his sites
|
|
3 <- Tell his site's owner what's going on
|
|
1 <- Tell him we're on to him, he'll give up right away
|
0 <- Wait, he's the actual remixer. It IS his work
|
[/SIZE]

This guy is barely a 3. One song, no real evidence he's going to try and fight us... hardly worth getting too serious about. Yes, he needs to be stopped, but the effort required to do so isn't that demanding. He'll be gone in a week or so.

The funny thing about NewGrounds- They like to bitch and moan about their work being stolen, but some of their members like to steal other folks works?

Maybe I should do a recording for YouTube to prove that NewGrounds are nothing but a bunch of stupid ass kids with no talnet and all they do is steal the works of others.

The funny thing about NewGrounds- They like to bitch and moan about their work being stolen, but some of their members like to steal other folks works?

Maybe I should do a recording for YouTube to prove that NewGrounds are nothing but a bunch of stupid ass kids with no talnet and all they do is steal the works of others.

Most of Newgrounds is fine. :roll:

• 2 months later...

My brother came across this the other day and said it sounded familiar, which it does (being mine). I really don't care, aside from the usual annoyance I have with anyone who claims things as their own. I just don't get how anyone could do this. I'm posting this more out of sheer amazement at this guy's stupidity than anything else, not calling for an all out war on him by any means. Anyway, check out the great dialogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8mnCCbMQU&feature=related

sasuke2277

hey where did you get it

FreakinDeath

I did it :)

and more...

FreakinDeath

If you people don't recognize t, remember those old days when we fought bowser in super mario 64 XD during the lair, and te battle, I couldn't resit to make my own remix, hope ya like it ;)

blee3ee

What's the actual name of the song? I'm looking for piano chords/notes or tabs. Thanks.

FreakinDeath

I did it... (once again) and I don't have any tabs of this song, I will post them after

And finally, watch out OCRemixers...

Mikinthy

Wow, that was awesome!!!

FreakinDeath

wow thanks, I plan on uploading varios of my songs from different videogames ;) keep in tune

My brother came across this the other day and said it sounded familiar, which it does (being mine). I really don't care, aside from the usual annoyance I have with anyone who claims things as their own. I just don't get how anyone could do this. I'm posting this more out of sheer amazement at this guy's stupidity than anything else, not calling for an all out war on him by any means. Anyway, check out the great dialogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8mnCCbMQU&feature=related

sasuke2277

hey where did you get it

FreakinDeath

and more...

FreakinDeath

If you people don't recognize t, remember those old days when we fought bowser in super mario 64 XD during the lair, and te battle, I couldn't resit to make my own remix, hope ya like it ;)

blee3ee

What's the actual name of the song? I'm looking for piano chords/notes or tabs. Thanks.

FreakinDeath

I did it... (once again) and I don't have any tabs of this song, I will post them after

Mikinthy

Wow, that was awesome!!!

FreakinDeath

wow thanks, I plan on uploading varios of my songs from different videogames ;) keep in tune

WOW. Just WOW.:shock:

Now I wanna know how many others he's *claimed* as his.

Obviously you aren't much of a fraud if you don't claim the most popular remix on the late Ormgas, Triforce Majeure.

Thankfully our friend has this one covered too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjjc_8rrnXs&feature=user

Ah, I was trying to figure out which that is. So that's 3 for 3 of videos on youtube.

EDIT: He didn't even get the game right this time, it's A Link to the Past, not Twilight Princess.

I'm posting this more out of sheer amazement at this guy's stupidity than anything else, not calling for an all out war on him by any means. Anyway, check out the great dialogue:

sasuke2277

hey where did you get it

FreakinDeath

and more...

FreakinDeath

blee3ee

FreakinDeath

Mikinthy

Wow, that was awesome!!!

FreakinDeath

Wait, you're not even going to talk to this ass?

Even if YouTube takes it down, he's gotten away with it. People will believe it was taken down for being a remix of copyrighted materail, as YouTube will take down original works like parodies or redubs. He'll learn nothing and try again. He even says he lost an account to them already. Gee, I wonder what for?

Creeps like this need exposed. There's nothing wrong with the simple spamming of the video or his channel about the truth (not insults). It hurts nothing and makes it difficult for him to keep his dirty little secret. Instead of the praise he seeks (which should be directed to you), he'll get scorn for being a thief and a liar.

Some of OCR may cross the line, or fantasize about obliterating the line, but the basic act of getting the truth out there really should be done. I hate it when people get their cheap fame like this. It's one thing to not credit anybody and do it ambiguously, but this one has flat out claimed your work as his, as well as other OCRemixers.

Wait' date=' you're not even going to talk to this ass?

Even if YouTube takes it down, he's gotten away with it. People will believe it was taken down for being a remix of copyrighted materail, as YouTube will take down original works like parodies or redubs. He'll learn nothing and try again. He even says he lost an account to them already. Gee, [i']I wonder what for?

Creeps like this need exposed. There's nothing wrong with the simple spamming of the video or his channel about the truth (not insults). It hurts nothing and makes it difficult for him to keep his dirty little secret. Instead of the praise he seeks (which should be directed to you), he'll get scorn for being a thief and a liar.

Some of OCR may cross the line, or fantasize about obliterating the line, but the basic act of getting the truth out there really should be done. I hate it when people get their cheap fame like this. It's one thing to not credit anybody and do it ambiguously, but this one has flat out claimed your work as his, as well as other OCRemixers.

I agree, mostly. I wasn't saying that we should ignore it at all. I was hoping to get at least a few comments on the page from OCR folk where he stole my track; after reading several of the posts in this thread already I just didn't want it going overboard. By all means, flame away within reason. :)