OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

I was (coincidentally) considering doing a pre-recorded radio show on another site i frequent, and was going to use one or two OCR tracks as backing music to me talking. I was going to credit it and all, and even offer a trackback to OCR.

I can has permission to plagarise with consent? (Hey, at least I'm asking)

Plagarise with consent:- Borrow and slap your name tag on it.

Same thing really. Still, glad someone with a moderately high standing within the community gives me the thumbs-up. Even though if I give credit, I shouldn't have to ask, it only feels right seeing whether the artist wants to have his/her work featured someplace else. I call it the Weird Al Rule. He doesn't have to ask for parodies if he credits accordingly, but he does it anyway.

I was (coincidentally) considering doing a pre-recorded radio show on another site i frequent, and was going to use one or two OCR tracks as backing music to me talking. I was going to credit it and all, and even offer a trackback to OCR.

I can has permission to plagarise with consent? (Hey, at least I'm asking)

That's not plagiarization at all, as long as you credit it correctly. Claiming that you made the music is. I'm happy to come across videos that use my tracks as background music. I'm not so happy to see my hard work claimed as someone else's.

someone hacked onto my youtube user account and started to change video descriptions saying that those songs were mine... it was a complete disaster... now, I will not remove the songs, the porpuse of which I uploaded was to show people the magnifiscent work of genius like DarkeSword...

To quote DarkeSword:

Someone's trying to backpedal.

He's not doing a very good job.

He's even throwing in porpuses now!(albeit spelled badly - Porpoise)

That's not even a good excuse anyways, because if you look at the friggin comments on the Ripped off Audix track, he made the comments about him having done them himself at least 5 months ago. What a jerk.

Edit: I hadn't listened to the Torvus Bog track before, it's really awesome Darkesword.

Your destiny.

EDIT: Actually, when most of us mention "Drake", we're referring to Firedrake, a good member in standing and most certainly not some noob.

I'd still like to see what kind of off-spring would result, and what kind of music the kid would do.

And don't forget the pictures.

I talked to Dracko the other day unban him plz k thx though he won't know it cuz he never will visit here.

But do it for the lulz

So, instead of taking down the videos and putting something in there like, oh, I don't know, a big block of text saying "By So-and-so from OCRemix", he just puts some down "Yeah, haxxored by haxxors, not mine, totally this guys work", which will probably be changed once this guy thinks no one is watching him again.

Sorry, that's not good enough. He needs to edit the videos to show the proper credits and source. It's not that hard, he already had the time and programs to make a video in the first place. Just add some credits at the beginning or end and that's that.