OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

Khan Dancing?

Edit: I meant to post this here, but forgot about it. I got a PM from Strider Kyoden a week ago about this person on MySpace. Now, it took me a bit to notice it, but on Game Over's "Cataclysmic Clash", notice it says the name of the MySpace poster, and not Game Over, under the song title. Another musical thief perhaps?

http://www.myspace.com/megamanmusical

Maybe he was. However, I've also been told that on his site, he now makes the comment that he didn't make the tunes himself. I can't find that comment, but then again, I'm not all that familiar with MySpace's functionings. However, the labels are still there, so I'm sure people are still thinking he did them as they swing by.

Khan Dancing?

Edit: I meant to post this here, but forgot about it. I got a PM from Strider Kyoden a week ago about this person on MySpace. Now, it took me a bit to notice it, but on Game Over's "Cataclysmic Clash", notice it says the name of the MySpace poster, and not Game Over, under the song title. Another musical thief perhaps?

http://www.myspace.com/megamanmusical

Maybe he was. However, I've also been told that on his site, he now makes the comment that he didn't make the tunes himself. I can't find that comment, but then again, I'm not all that familiar with MySpace's functionings. However, the labels are still there, so I'm sure people are still thinking he did them as they swing by.

I just requested to be that person's "friend".

I'll call his bluff when my request is accepted :D

"Dude, thanks for uploading Game Over's 'Cataclysmic Clash'. I've always liked that song, and the rest of the music from their Nintendo Metal CD. :D I'm not sure what other compilations you got the rest of the songs from, but I bet they're good, too."

They probably won't get the sarcasm, but that's ok. I want to see how many of his loyal "followers" will attack me, saying "fuck you, I was there when he wrote it!"

And I bet there are at least a few who will.

Concerning this latest guy, the remixes, and the corresponding remixers are...

housethegrate - Light in the Fortress

Chikusho Sound Team - Airbased

Vurez - Fortress of the Knight

Game Over - Cataclysmic Clash (as mentioned before)

I'm not sure about the other remixes -- they don't sound familiar (I've never heard them before) so they may be either off another site or possibly even his own work.

I'm not sure about the other remixes -- they don't sound familiar (I've never heard them before) so they may be either off another site or possibly even his own work.

With these guys it's not so straightforward to decide which is the wilder assumption -- that he did steal them or didn't. :D

This is sad, honestly. I see if he gives your credit and the link to the original song, that's cool. But if the guy is going around stealing songs and claiming it's his. . .that's NO good!

Kids today got some balls and nerve.

Yeah, makes the RIAA's initiative to thwart piracy look good, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by Hylian Lemon viewpost.gif

this guy.

Nigga at it again!

I'm gonna leave a nice message on stealing on his page if I keep finding any stolen music on his page.

This fucker got some balls.

Yeah, makes the RIAA's initiative to thwart piracy look good, doesn't it?

Yeah, but your gotta remember that the ReMixers here do this not for the money nor is none of their ReMixes isn't under copyright (I assume).

I bet this kid doesn't even know what OCR is. He probrably found it on limewire or some other P2P program. That's how I found out about OCR. Blue Vacation was the first one I found. It had "OCRemix" in the title but I had no idea what OCRemix was until a friend of mine told me about this site. He figures, some random person made that mix and thought "what are the chances that mixer will notice that I use his song as my own".

Oddly enough, thats the first song I ever downloaded from here. It was on limewire though, saw the remix and I found this site called overclocked.remix.org and have been here ever since. Lost my old profile name, it was similar to this one but had a couple weird caps... lol.