OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

Even if he didn't [claim them as his own], he says he did the videos, and most of them are just a still with a remix. It's kinda hard to figure out what he actually did.

That's why I hate people who just post stuff as is, or say they made it with such'N'such a program, which turns out to be some type of ripping/recording device.

They think they're getting off scott free since they technically never took credit for the remix (or flash in Newgrounds examples) itself. It suddenly becomes everyone else's fault that they thought the user made the original material. Once caught, he can just say "I never took credit."

Always. Always credit stuff you put in your videos, especially when the video was made to highlight something, like a remix. It's rude and ignorant if you don't and it needs to stop.

Since notoriety with his friends is probably a goal, should we PM his friends list on YouTube with the truth. It's a small list, and some of them have praised "his" material. If the mods get the videos taken down, he can probably give them other reasons and escape guilt for what he did.

GHOSTBU

I mean, here's that topic I was referring to. I am too lazy to read it right now, but maybe it has information in it.

Since notoriety with his friends is probably a goal' date=' should we PM his friends list on YouTube with the truth. It's a small list, and some of them have praised "his" material. If the mods get the videos taken down, he can probably give them other reasons and escape guilt for what he did.[/quote']

Yes

It's odd how many people do this. Well in the end though, it does earn them some attention and recognition, even if it is in a negative sense.

Except for those people who sell remixes. Yeah.... like those people who release their first solo album, and then as the last track they have some sort of remix from a very popular JRPG that was created for a remix album that is released for free on a very popular video game remixing site, having been posted as remix #1612 on the database.

And of course like the sucker you are, you totally buy said remix that comes on their album because you want to support them because they deserve to get started in the music industry, but really you know that there are multiple other ways to get the song for free, such as visiting the remix site and downloading it (I think it's under "F") or downloading the entire remix album which in itself kicks ass.

No, I'm not an idiot and I know what I just typed out. Although legally, how does that work? I'm unfamiliar with copyright law, so how does that work when you pay royalties for a song when it's on your personal album yet the song can be downloaded for free?

• 3 weeks later...

Christ I feel loved, and I'm burning for it (Belive me) But a couple things.

1) That picture by San-Renard of deviant art I never claimed ownership of that Picture O.o

2) I don't steal art but I understand ifyou think I do seeing as I don't seem trustworthy to you guys.

3) All that info on me would be creepier if it were true but I do live in Rossland BC but I do notattend RSS That is not my numberI don't have a home phone, I don't live at whateverthat adress is O,o and I don't have a Fax.

4) I'm disapointed that the Gay stripper never dropped by XD

5) If you still feel you need to talk to me please by all means for whatever reasn do so. You all know my e-mail. O.o

6) If I could extend an apology to all the artists ripped off that'd be nice you can hate me still if you wish

7) It's a damn good thing you guys got me otherwise I'd be screwed.

8) My key board is messed up O.O

9) I have become a christin so you can expect I won't be "sinning" anymore by stealing stuff and I dn't lie orswear ever now as well.

10) wee 10 things If youguys ever meet me in the streets You have permission to sack me if you fee if you feel you should.

Thanks for teaching me a VERY good lesson.

Better he learn his lesson now than when he goes to college and gets the usual punishment....expulsion.

But it kinda makes me chuckle that he can't even spell Christian, yet claims to be one and does something completely the opposite of what he should. :<

Damnit! I know can't spell! it's mainly from faulty keyboards.

No mercy! He'd do it again if you gave him a chance. What did Gollum do when he was threatened? What does a criminal do when you catch him and put your fist in his face? He begs for mercy and acts like a little schoolgirl. No difference here. You suck Mr. Plagerizer. I hope you get no sleep for like 2 months. I'm drunk. You still suck though.

• 1 month later...

Fellow OCer's. Hi, i'm MaestroRage, an audio moderator over at Newgrounds. We have found a user on our site which we strongly suspect of audio theft, but thus far we have been unable to find any kind of solid proof.

So why am I here?

This user has a LOT of video game remix songs, and all of them are of a quality that would be impossible to achieve at the rate he's uploading them. Knowing that this is the hotspot for video game remixes, I ask the users here to try and help us gather proof that this user is indeed, a thief.

http://fairuzons.newgrounds.com/audio/

Please take a look through his profile, listen to a few tracks, see if you can identify any tracks from here or anywhere else.

We would be very thankful for any help,

thank you for your time

~ Selcuk