OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

Ì listened to a few, haven't found much similarity, however I'll admit I did not listen to everything. He may have taken songs from other sites, or (gasp) he might be uploading stuff that he produced in the past.

You are right RD, he very well might have.

But please be aware of some facts we have gathered which leads us to believe this is not the case.

- He's 17 year olds and still in high school

- He has a band powerful and skilled enough to produce tracks of this magnitude

- He is a master at equalizing/mastering/mixing songs that people usually spend years for

- He has the synths that can do it all in the likely hood he can't get his band to perform.

It's just not possible.

Liontamer, thank you for your assistance, we will continue doing our best to try and find the proof we need.

He is indeed. Listen to his Jenova (Full) Looks like he just add something over it and used it. Blind did a great job on that song here, Looks like hes a fraud.

Compare This kids Jenova (Full)

To Blinds J-E-N-O-V-A.

Very Simalar.

To me, it just seems he switched around parts of the song, and may added some of his own in there aswell.

I've seen tons of OCR thefts on NG, but on this one, it doesn't look like it so far. Nothing seems to be ours, but I've only gone through 10 or so songs out of the 111 submissions from 2008. The guy could possibly be a good guitarist who's currently only average or at least on the better side of mediocre when it comes to sequenced stuff. You may want to check at VGMusic.com's forums as well, as many of the tracks sound like this person used pre-existing MIDIs as a base, but I haven't heard anything outright plagiarized from us. Will continue looking though.

He is indeed. Listen to his Jenova (Full) Looks like he just add something over it and used it. Blind did a great job on that song here, Looks like hes a fraud.

Compare This kids Jenova (Full)

To Blinds J-E-N-O-V-A.

Very Simalar.

To me, it just seems he switched around parts of the song, and may added some of his own in there aswell.

No similarity at all, actually. Just a similar tune. Blind is a 1000x better producer than this guy is, obviously.

See, the thing is, there are a lot of tracks which are, as you said, very high quality. However, there's a bunch of stuff in which the production mistakes are just so glaring that I'm not a hundred per cent sure they could be from the same person--although it IS definitely possible he's uploading old stuff too. Someone's skills CAN improve overnight (mine have on occasion) but this guy doesn't quite ring true.

- He has a band powerful and skilled enough to produce tracks of this magnitude

- He is a master at equalizing/mastering/mixing songs that people usually spend years for

I guess I'd have to take issue with these points. It doesn't sound like he has a "band", just that he can play guitar and maybe bass (admittedly, I didn't listen to everything, though). There's a lot you can do to simulate a full band if you want without actually needing one.

Second, I would hardly call him a "Master" at these techniques. Several of the clips had some very weak/fake sounding instrumentation, poor mixing, and other issues.

Most every one I listen to just sounds like a midi rip and wouldn't have taken that long to make. But then there are those which suddenly take a leap in quality which make me suspect he's borrowing from somewhere (if the shear number of mixes hadn't tipped us off to that already). I'm willing to bet he's at least padding that list with other peoples' work, but I don't know from where.

This one sounds really familiar, but I can't pinpoint it. I have a feeling some of these are doujin remixes, which would make sense because they're something most of the western audience wouldn't be familiar with, unlike OCR.

I actually thought the same thing, especially with the rock mixes. Several of them really have that doujin vibe.

Man, this is straight paranoia. The only similarities in a lot of these songs is that the same video game song was used and it was aligned with generic techno beats. You do realize that people are allowed to use 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 type beats with video game songs without OCRemix'es approval.

And honestly, OCRemix is about remixing music, yet someone is getting angry about this guy remixing THAT music, seems kinda hypocritical since you are both equally non-creative technically.

Most musicians that I know personally, especially musicians trained in jazz, could do things like this rather quickly. The rate at which they appear is no coincidence, with the right gear, you can record stuff without having to do much mixing on it to make it as passable as these tracks are. He sounds like he is trained in Jazz music, which explains all the seamless soloing.

Man, this is straight paranoia. The only similarities in a lot of these songs is that the same video game song was used and it was aligned with generic techno beats. You do realize that people are allowed to use 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 type beats with video game songs without OCRemix'es approval.

And honestly, OCRemix is about remixing music, yet someone is getting angry about this guy remixing THAT music, seems kinda hypocritical since you are both equally non-creative technically.

Troll, the referenced artist on Newgrounds, idiot. Take your pick.

The concern is that the artist may have taken OCRemix songs and post them under his own name, claiming that he wrote them. I can't see people complaining in general, (and definitely not in this thread so far) about someone taking OCRemix songs and reinterpreting them or even adding new stuff to the existing audio. If there's any paranoia, it's more on the part of the Newgrounds mod who brought the artist to OCRemix attention without being able to say "Here, this particular track of his is an OCRemix by someone else". Liontamer is looking into possible plagiarism (and rightly so), but won't do anything if he didn't steal any OCRemixes.

The concern is that the artist may have taken OCRemix songs and post them under his own name, claiming that he wrote them.

Yeah Aberu. If you submitted a remixed track to OCR, how would you feel if someone else claimed that he wrote it?

I don't know about you but I would be pretty upset. Even if he were to "change it up a lil bit."

I'm not afraid to say i'm wrong if I am, but everything about this account is off. As stated before the variety of skills and styles are uncanny, the crap work mixed in with the really good have no chronological order *uploads crap one day, and great another*.

There are even demo songs before the full version so there is some kind of evidence that music is being made, but I am far from convinced all of it is his.

Nutritious:

He says his guitarist performs some of these tracks, while songs that have the exact same guitar sounds and articulations are said to be produced. I know there are some WICKED guitar VST's like East West Ministry of Rock, and LPC's Electric guitar, but i'm not convinced that those guitars are fake. Though I don't pretend to be a metal man, it's usually easy to tell which instruments are fake by the face every time you use the same note, timbres and slight elements always remain the same.

And let's be realistic here. The level and skill necessary to mix in these loud and hot pieces are not at all easy and some of these songs I can hear the experience coming through.

I truly would like to thank each and every one of you for your efforts. We are doing our best on our end, I will visit this other forum, and hopefully be able to put this to rest soon.

Not this time.

Kyle's hunch was correct; "Gold Rocking Saucer" is a rip of "Blast Running! Gold Saucer" off yu-suke's album Battle Guy.

Edit: So is "Clash on the Big Bridge."

Somehow I knew Dhsu would know exactly where they were from. :razz:

The original remixer's website is here, and both Big Bridge and Gold Saucer are on it.