OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

Either he finally complied, or else Soundcloud and Facebook both removed the content for him. Personally, I think someone's entire account should be disabled when they pull this kind of crap, but eh, I'll take the small victory at least.

Cheers guys, OCRAPS strikes again! :nicework:

o crap

it's the OCRAPS

I just got this email:

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We have removed or disabled access to the third-party or user-generated content you have reported to us for violating our Statement of Rights & Responsibilities.

If you have additional infringements to report, please submit a new claim using our form at:

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact_us.php?id=208282075858952

If you have any further questions, please visit the Intellectual Property section of our Help Center at the following address:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=439

Thanks for contacting Facebook,

Zed

User Operations

Facebook

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I should feel sorry for the guy or not - you seriously have to have some mental deficiency to attempt to rip off the same artist twice in a row after getting caught. Didn't stop me from calling him a fucking idiot, of course, but still.

On the bright side, you seem to have an obsessive fan, BGC. Doesn't it just make you feel all icky and creeped out?

I don't know if I should feel sorry for the guy or not - you seriously have to have some mental deficiency to attempt to rip off the same artist twice in a row after getting caught. Didn't stop me from calling him a fucking idiot, of course, but still.

On the bright side, you seem to have an obsessive fan, BGC. Doesn't it just make you feel all icky and creeped out?

lol I know right?

But seriously, I'm glad Soundcloud removed the song, but it pisses me the hell off that they won't just remove his account. That is 100% grade A bullshit. They're basically acknowledging that he's a repeat-offender music thief, but he gets the material taken down and a light slap on the wrist (if that) and gets to continue about on his merry day ripping people off. Load of crap if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a relatively minor offense, since this guy doesn't get much traffic and he's not been online for years, but

's someone taking Zircon & Tyler's "When All Hope has Faded" track.

If that bugs you, Zircon, you can go ahead and send a notice out against him. There's not much else one can do with it, though, seeing as the uploader looks to have moved on, so it's not like he can just edit it or anything.

It's a relatively minor offense, since this guy doesn't get much traffic and he's not been online for years, but
's someone taking Zircon & Tyler's "When All Hope has Faded" track.

If that bugs you, Zircon, you can go ahead and send a notice out against him. There's not much else one can do with it, though, seeing as the uploader looks to have moved on, so it's not like he can just edit it or anything.

I don't think it matters by now, the guy has 1 subscriber

• 4 weeks later...
Since this topic has been bumped

Originally Posted by Skrypnyk on 12-17-2009, 03:16 PM viewpost.gif

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/266749

I would like to thank Improbability for calmly telling this user that he's fffffffffffffffull of shit.

His other tracks aren't by him it seems too.

And for the record, no I did not register to newgrounds and no I do not reside in Montreal =\

I just want to thank the good people at newgrounds. After 16 whole months and talking with several different "mods", they finally managed to do absolutely nothing.

Way to go folks.

:tomatoface:

Random things I found.

"Thanks for using it, and for giving me credits .

CandySoup 2 years ago"

More CandySoup, he praises the work of Phoenix Project, is on another given credit for it as "being part of" PP, and replies to one as if it's his music. There's more if you google him.

noobface4291 explains on the first vid: "Yeah, it turns out that good ol' CandySoup is a massive fraud. He claims to be part of the Phoenix Project, but isn't. His newgrounds account also has a Schala remix that is in fact from OCReMix, which he kept up despite the creator finding out.

He also claims to be from Japan, giving weight to his claim of being part of the P.P., despite the fact that Web Archive showed that but a year before he was living in Montreal.

He deserves no credit for this."

Not sure if this is him, but here's someone by the same handle on youtube, apparently from Montreal also: http://www.youtube.com/user/CandySoup

On the flip side, here's an appropriately corrected vid:

("Candysoup is not the creator of this arrangement and is absolutely not affiliated with the group.")

edit: these may be him: http://www.blogtv.com/people/CandySoup https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=734857198

Edited by Rozovian

• 1 month later...

One of his previous albums, Boss Rush, has ripped off The Dual Dragons' take on Laughing Octopus.

AND DRAGONFOOD!

ima do something.

(and going to bandcamp's front page, I see a testimonial from our danny b. yay. now back to vengeance/reporting.)

edit: Boss Rush seems like a direct rip of BadAss. Most if not all tracks are from there. Most of his other albums seem to be ocr stuff as well.

edit2: found Spume. Seems like his Pokeman is a stolen Missingno Tracks.

edit3: found Reverse Rain. dreaming symphony is Lucid Dreaming.

edit4: Eat your Own Dust found.

Edited by Rozovian

edit2: found Spume. Seems like his Pokeman is a stolen Missingno Tracks.

The odd thing is he left some of them out. There are 28 tracks on my album, and he only stole 21.

I would like to have him brought before me for two reasons: one, he stole the work of my remixers from my album, and two, why he didn't take them all.

Edited by The Damned