OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

Remember folks: plenty of people upload OC ReMixes to YouTube all the time, and while we might think it's common sense to credit artists, a lot of people don't even think about things like that and just want to post a cool sound they found. That doesn't make them bad people, just uninformed about the etiquette of sharing. A polite explanation is usually enough.

Plagiarism is when someone is taking credit for work that isn't theirs. Make sure someone is actually plagiarizing before jumping down their throats. :)

• 1 month later...

Well, the track in question for this one isn't specifically an OC Remix, but it was a track with a VERY SPECIFIC purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXtc7IVRkOk

To most passers by, it would just come off as "random intro for a shitty game video". But the remix in question is actually something I SPECIFICALLY made for Silver's Saturday Show, an ongoing music block for Radio Nintendo.

Now, I wouldn't mind if it was a regular remix being used, but I certainly do NOT authorise the brief remix I did to be used anywhere OUTSIDE of any links to SSS. And what's worse, the Youtuber in question is passing off the current naysayers as 'trolls' on his Twitter account.

So... summarized nicely from VizardJeffhog in another comment:

1. The music was made by Rexy (not Random Remixer), OCRemix musician and RadioSEGA DJ

2. She SPECIFICALLY made it as an intro for Silver's Saturday Show, SilverSonic's weekly RadioNintendo podcast

3. TheChaosBlue is MTwinny's brother, a RadioSEGA writer; TCB/SS aren't trolls (that's right, I read your Twitter)

By knowingly ignoring to credit my pals, laughing in their faces, and using stolen property after being told to remove/change your intro...

...you're fucked. Pure and simple.

OCRAPS, what do you guys think of this case? More to the point, how am I supposed to flag the vid?

Well, the track in question for this one isn't specifically an OC Remix, but it was a track with a VERY SPECIFIC purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXtc7IVRkOk

To most passers by, it would just come off as "random intro for a shitty game video". But the remix in question is actually something I SPECIFICALLY made for Silver's Saturday Show, an ongoing music block for Radio Nintendo.

Now, I wouldn't mind if it was a regular remix being used, but I certainly do NOT authorise the brief remix I did to be used anywhere OUTSIDE of any links to SSS. And what's worse, the Youtuber in question is passing off the current naysayers as 'trolls' on his Twitter account.

So... summarized nicely from VizardJeffhog in another comment:

OCRAPS, what do you guys think of this case? More to the point, how am I supposed to flag the vid?

It's been taken down :)

Yep, it DID finally get taken down. The user may have continued raging (to the point that he even deleted every single "you stole this intro" comment on that page), but he finally got to the part where what he did was wrong, he took the vid down himself and terms were just settled. Glad that was over quick, but his reactions were still downright unruly for a young adult :\

• 2 years later...