OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

http://chronodestiny.newgrounds.com/audio/

This guy has already been reported on NG, but mods haven't taken action yet, apparently. He has posted songs by bLiNd, SgtRama (lol), Siamey and Nav, as if he made them. Moreover, he actually claimed HE HIMSELF was bLiNd.

OCR flame crew, go!

I've stuck him on the review list as a priority case.

I wish there was a faster way to deal with this, but the moderation system is awaiting an upgrade, and until then, only site administrators (the Fulps and office staff) can actually delete user accounts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This isn't actually a posted remix, but...

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/116308

This is actually Woods Motel, by Red Tailed Fox. I don't recognize anything else this guy has uploaded, but chances are some of that's stolen too.

Well you can tell why he had to rip someone's off. 'jou hear that SMW mix featuring just piano? Awful, awful.

That no one else could bridge the gap in quality bothers me the most. I guess thats reasonable doubt, but still.

• 2 months later...
Hahaha! I'm not even sure if he's claiming to be the artist, but in his responses to comments, he makes it seem like he represents OCR. That's awesome. :lol:

I am not sure how much you guys read his comments on any of the music that he claims is his, but if you read the Zelda 2 one he clearly fucks up the website address with putting it @ .com instead of .org and claims to be the lead programmer for something, im assuming the site.

btw, not trying to beat a dead or horse or nothing, i read what you guys had to say about it, just thought i'd throw that up though.

response in question :

Author's Response:

By the way just check us all out on OCremix.com

This is the crew who started Chrono Destiny, and by chance if you didn't know I'm the lead programmer. We all work together to create music. It's been a while since someone actually realized that. But these songs have never been around Newgrounds.com, so since the years passed we ended up uploading them on here. P.S. Email bLiNd and klm09 aka kevin, or just write a letter at OCremix.com we've worked hard on all these songs, so be sure to give each and every artist's actual song the credit. This is more of a group name, so for the person that just uploaded it, it's his work. Our officials monitor the stats on newgrounds, so for you to say theif is really a naive statement.

P.S. All credit goes to bLiND. Aka me or OCremix.com for providing displacements.

1) don't pretend to be something or someone you're not

2) don't pretend to be multiple something's or someone's you're not

3) don't be surprised to be found out if you do either of the above

So he's claiming he's bLiNd, whilst claiming to have done multiple songs by multiple different artists INCLUDING bLiNd, and that he's the lead programmer of the site (at the wrong address), as well as possibly the lead programmer for some chrono trigger revival/remake/fan game project of some sort?

He's probably doing it to get chicks. On the internet. :lmassoff:

1) don't pretend to be something or someone you're not

2) don't pretend to be multiple something's or someone's you're not

3) don't be surprised to be found out if you do either of the above

So he's claiming he's bLiNd, whilst claiming to have done multiple songs by multiple different artists INCLUDING bLiNd, and that he's the lead programmer of the site (at the wrong address), as well as possibly the lead programmer for some chrono trigger revival/remake/fan game project of some sort?

He's probably doing it to get chicks. On the internet. :lmassoff:

If you're gonna lie, lie big?

Time to send another PM to that newgrounds admin, then? Or should we go over there en masse and just register and all post our songs so the plagiarism will be much more obvious from now on (on their part)?

Blow the whistle on 'im. Literally - just pile that stuff so high that it hits Newgrounds admins.

Blow the whistle on 'im. Literally - just pile that stuff so high that it hits Newgrounds admins.

I think whistle blowing is something you can only do in the flash portal with submissions that are still under judgment. Sending a PM with all information explaining why something is stolen seems to be the only way to have things removed in the audio portal.

I sent a PM explaining how everything was stolen to Wade (that's what Newgrounds directed me to do, in the case of stolen music). If that doesn't work, I don't know if there's much more that can be done.

Oh, and I loved Rama's comment on the Kirby track that was on there :lol:. I really don't know how this guy's survived as long as he has...

Didn't the forums used to do that with OCRAPS? That was before I joined up, so I don't know whatever became of the OCR Anti Piracy Squad.