OC ReMix plagiarism: report it here!

SnappleMan

Email bLiNd and klm09 aka kevin, or just write a letter at OCremix.com we've worked hard on all these songs

Let me emphasize

OCremix.COM

:lol::lol:

Maybe DJP should park that domain just to be on the safe side and keep any pricks from potentially typo-squatting for their own benefit.

I had a small trust fund set up for extreme harassment of people that stole OCRemixes, but I since used it to buy TVs and DS games.

I suppose I could put something aside for the future.

I'll add to that fund. Actually, scratch that. After working with you on Pokemon, playing L4D2 where I died a lot, and tolerating your terrible mic for OCAD, I'd say we have mutual interest in this thing. Spend your money on some poutine and get energy to scheme.

Arek, I just spent the last good hour of my life reading this whole thread to get the damn OCRAPS reference. And I'm alllllll for it. That goes for everyone else, too.

*takes out the banjo and plays a little dittie*

I'll add to that fund. Actually, scratch that. After working with you on Pokemon, playing L4D2 where I died a lot, and tolerating your terrible mic for OCAD, I'd say we have mutual interest in this thing. Spend your money on some poutine and get energy to scheme.

I actually don't like poutine at all.

I vaguely recall someone in a position of authority politely telling me not to do anything that possibly result in negative media coverage or lawsuits.

I still maintain the gay stripper-gram is the way to go.

I vaguely recall someone in a position of authority politely telling me not to do anything that possibly result in negative media coverage or lawsuits.

I still maintain the gay stripper-gram is the way to go.

It had nothing to do with media coverage or lawsuits and everything to do with the fact that sending a gay stripper to someone's home is an absolutely ridiculous form of retaliation. :roll:

It had nothing to do with media coverage or lawsuits and everything to do with the fact that sending a gay stripper to someone's home is an absolutely ridiculous form of retaliation. :roll:

It would have been an attractive gay stripper.

If the plagiarizer was a straight male, and I sent a lesbian (and thus gay) stripper to his house, would you complain about that? Would you? Are you that sexist?

Wait, sexist? Or would that be anti-gay. Or anti-stripper.

Fuck, hold on, I got to figure this one out first.

What other form of retaliation would be appropriate? If they fuck with you, you gotta really fuck with them back. Psychological warfare plus banana-hammock is a damn good way to go. It tells them "I know where you live, and I can send guys there..."

Course, if he's under 18, that's a big no-no. Don't ever seek revenge against people who are under 18.

What other form of retaliation would be appropriate? If they fuck with you, you gotta really fuck with them back. Psychological warfare plus banana-hammock is a damn good way to go. It tells them "I know where you live, and I can send guys there..."

Course, if he's under 18, that's a big no-no. Don't ever seek revenge against people who are under 18.

I think the last offender to merit the Gay OCRAPS retaliation was 14. Hey DS, is it fair game if the offender is over 18, like Meteo said? :lmassoff:

Originally posted by The Damned

I would think first-hand experience with vengeance is a good way to learn about it. Think of it of a hands-on sort of thing.

OK, that sounded kind of gross when you factor in the stripper bit.

Nah, it just sounded gay. It fits with the theme of the punishment, I say.

• 2 weeks later...
No, he "actually decided to give Siamey, one of my best partners, some glory.." lol

Hahaha what the fuck. I've never heard of this crotchstain.

This is kinda funny though, not 1 month ago did I have my first real experience with a pathological liar, and it scared the hell out of me. This dude isn't necessarily a pathological liar, maybe just some guy trying to grow his internet dick via vgtunes but it still astounds me how some people's brains can be wired to let them be this dishonest. Maybe some traumatic event broke their moral barometer.

Did anyone report him to newgrounds yet? He isn't out of commission yet as far as I can tell.

Hahaha what the fuck. I've never heard of this crotchstain.

This is kinda funny though, not 1 month ago did I have my first real experience with a pathological liar, and it scared the hell out of me. This dude isn't necessarily a pathological liar, maybe just some guy trying to grow his internet dick via vgtunes but it still astounds me how some people's brains can be wired to let them be this dishonest. Maybe some traumatic event broke their moral barometer.

Did anyone report him to newgrounds yet? He isn't out of commission yet as far as I can tell.

I think he's been reported several times by now, because I know I'm not the only person who has reported him.

Maybe the NG people aren't removing him outof spite since you guys are doing something they have asked not be done, going to the comments of the songs and saying they're plagiarized.

You're supposed to send a PM to the mods with the exact username of the offender, the links to the songs being plagiarized, and links to where each is plagiarized from.

Although apparently they like to take their jolly sweet time regardless, it's been almost half a year now hasn't it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings, all... I've been ploughing through several of the internet's collections of game remixes for a while (for a side project I assist with), and recently thought I'd mine Newgrounds... only to discover that it seems to consist mostly of music taken from other locations.

The following tracks all appear to be stolen directly from OCRemix. I could be wrong, and I thought I'd post here so more informed folks could determine whether these were all improperly credited or not.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/332741

sounds like Super Mario Bros. 3 Battle Rocks OC ReMix

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/203972 AND http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/284857

sound like Super Mario Bros Super Jungle Brothers OC ReMix

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=1749569⊂=75930

sounds like Super Mario RPG Waltz of Pain OC ReMix

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/77244

Sounds like Super Mario World Ghosts of the Marble Hall OC ReMix

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/275552

Sounds like Super Mario Bros. 2 SuperBuck Jazz OC ReMix

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/89587

Sounds like Super Mario Bros. Da Pipes OC ReMix

Confirmed on all counts of them being OCR material. A couple don't explicitly say that they made them, but they don't credit the true authors, either, so... yeah.

I don't have a Newgrounds account, so someone else can take up the task of exposing these people.

(Also, it's amusing that some of them don't even change the name of the track, making them very easy to find!)

Not sure if this is plagiarism or not as they don't claim to have created it, but it's happened a few times now:

A laser tag place in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, uses OC Remixes for their in-game music. I distinctly remember hearing Phearthemonkey during a match.

In addition, a local movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana, is using both video game music and OC remixes in their before movie adverts and whatnot. I've heard Chrono Trigger, Mario, and Metroid Prime. My cousin, who worked there, says the music is provided by Coca-Cola, so...*shrug?*

Not sure if this is plagiarism or not as they don't claim to have created it, but it's happened a few times now:

A laser tag place in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, uses OC Remixes for their in-game music. I distinctly remember hearing Phearthemonkey during a match.

In addition, a local movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana, is using both video game music and OC remixes in their before movie adverts and whatnot. I've heard Chrono Trigger, Mario, and Metroid Prime. My cousin, who worked there, says the music is provided by Coca-Cola, so...*shrug?*

I think the laser tag place is infringing the user agreement, as people expect music to be played in laser tag so they are paying for that in some way.

The ambient movie music is fine though I think. People are definitely only paying for the movie, and it seems unrealistic to expect them to credit that. Larry?

• 4 months later...

well, I feel kinda stupid, cuz I actually found some plagiarism, but I didn't know what to do. Tried contacting mods, and they ignored me. They looked, and did nothing....Anyways, since i didn't know, i kinda posted my reason here: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=733293#733293

So do something please. :D I've had a rough time doing this. HOPEFULLY this won't go ignored and unsolved this time.

well, I feel kinda stupid, cuz I actually found some plagiarism, but I didn't know what to do. Tried contacting mods, and they ignored me. They looked, and did nothing....Anyways, since i didn't know, i kinda posted my reason here: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=733293#733293

So do something please. :D I've had a rough time doing this. HOPEFULLY this won't go ignored and unsolved this time.

Not really plagiarism, it's mixing practice. Glad you're looking out tho.