The Dark Knight

Schwaltzvald

• 6 months later...

Related, but not actually the moves in question...

There's a DVD called Batman: Gotham Knight. It's pretty much The Animatrix, but all Batman. I watched it, and while it was odd seeing effeminate animu Bruce Wayne voiced by Kevin Conroy (as in, the voice of Batman from the Animated Series, Justice League and JLU), they weren't really that bad. The art ranged from rather ugly stylized to smooth, high-quality.

The stories are connected, but the first one is just a redo of a classic story used both in TAS and even the comic book years ago: three kids each tell their point of view about seeing Batman in action. One sees him as some sort of shadow demon, one sees him as a robot, and the other sees him as a giant bat creature.

Not worth buying, but maybe a cheap rental or even just downloading.

Related, but not actually the moves in question...

There's a DVD called Batman: Gotham Knight. It's pretty much The Animatrix, but all Batman. I watched it, and while it was odd seeing effeminate animu Bruce Wayne voiced by Kevin Conroy (as in, the voice of Batman from the Animated Series, Justice League and JLU), they weren't really that bad. The art ranged from rather ugly stylized to smooth, high-quality.

The stories are connected, but the first one is just a redo of a classic story used both in TAS and even the comic book years ago: three kids each tell their point of view about seeing Batman in action. One sees him as some sort of shadow demon, one sees him as a robot, and the other sees him as a giant bat creature.

Not worth buying, but maybe a cheap rental or even just downloading.

i loved the first and last two stories. made me want to make my own batman

Holy Crap, Heath Ledger looks like he'll be an awesome Joker. Never really been a fan of any of the DC Comics, but Batman always stuck out for some reason.

The more i see of the previews and trailers the more i realize just what kind of an effect this role had on Ledger. Its a scary thing when a movie role does this to a human.

Rest in peace Ledger. Thank you.

Counting down the days until I go see it on IMAX. Also,

Heath Ledger's state of mind before his death has been defended by his "The Dark Knight" co-stars, who claim he was the perfect father to daughter Matilda.

Reports that Ledger had become maniacal after filming the new Batman movie, in which he plays The Joker, have been blasted by those who worked with him shortly before his death.

Gary Oldman, who plays Lt. Jim Gordon in the film, reveals that, while filming Ledger was in high spirits, and slammed reports that he had mood swings, sleeping problems and difficult relationships with other cast members.

Oldman tells People.com, "Because he died people want a dark story (that) he was so obsessed with the character, he was so contaminated by the Joker and he couldn't sleep and all of that stuff.

"(But) in between takes he would sit on the curbside and smoke a cigarette and laugh and talk about his daughter Matilda. I thought he was just a beautiful kid. I thought he was just wonderful. I had a real affection for him."

And far from being unbalanced, Ledger would constantly gush about his 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, his child with actress Michelle Williams.

"Heath showed me pictures of (Matilda). (He) would come in and say she did this and she did that," reveals Aaron Eckhart, who plays District Attorney Harvey Dent in the sequel.

But Ledger was also passionate about his role in the film, and put all his energy into perfecting the part.

Eckhart adds, "He really created his look. That character, Heath loved so much. He really cared about the Joker."

Anyone who doesn't think this is going to be the best film of like the last ten years is just stupid. This is our Star Wars, our Godfather, ect.

Movie is going to destroy faces in all aspects (quality, box office gross, awesomeness) and Ledger's preformance is going to scare the hell out of everyone

Anyone who doesn't think this is going to be the best film of like the last ten years is just stupid. This is our Star Wars, our Godfather, ect.

Movie is going to destroy faces in all aspects (quality, box office gross, awesomeness) and Ledger's performance is going to scare the hell out of everyone

Nah. It might be a pretty good movie, but it won't be that good. Come on, you're falling into the hype waaaay too much. It's a pretty good Batman so far, but as good as you say? You're deluding yourself, buddy.

Besides, The Lord of The Rings was our generation's Star Wars. Trilogy series, completely blew away every other movie for the next few years, set a standard for art, script and production...

Yeah, I liked the last Batman, but it was no Citizen Kane. And I don't think the sequel will be either.

Lack of reading comprehension FTL. I said it will be good, just not as good as he thinks it will.

All I said was it won't be THE SINGLE GREATEST MOVIE EVAR MAD!!1!1$

Reading comprehension: It's not just for college students.

What is the point of saying something that is being hyped is not going to be that good

College dropouts don't count, apparently

College dropouts don't count, apparently

HA! Joke's on you! I never went to college!

Besides, why is one person's utter devotion to a movie that he hasn't seen yet anymore valid than someone else's opinion that it isn't going to be the best thing ever?

Besides, calling out blind fanboyism is a hobby, so go ruin someone else's fun.

So you saying something means it's true.

Nice logic.

Also, he didn't say it was going to be good or even amazing. He said it was going to be the best movie in the last ten years. He said it will outdo everything in every aspect. That's just... that's just foolish. I have no doubt that it will do well, I jst don't know about it being better than any of the other four hundred films released in the last ten years. He's falling into a giant hype pit, and the only way he will ever pull himself out of it is to have some objectivity.

Otherwise he's going to be that guy that spends the next month after it comes out seeing it every weekend, telling people on the streets as they walk by "GO SEE BATMAN! WOOOHOOOOOO!", and talking about it at every opportunity. Weddings, nights out with the friends, everything.

Otherwise he's going to be that guy that spends the next month after it comes out seeing it every weekend, telling people on the streets as they walk by "GO SEE BATMAN! WOOOHOOOOOO!", and talking about it at every opportunity. Weddings, nights out with the friends, everything.

Better than being the guy who says 'wooo yeah go see meet the spartans it's sooo good'

Seeing as though the last ten years is 1998-now, there really is a good chance that any movie that is competently made can maybe turn out to be the best in a long long time

So you saying something means it's true.

No actually a fuckload of people saying something means it's most likely true

Dunno if you've been around the internet lately but for every one person who says something like 'meh it won't be as good as some old movie that actually sucked and I only think is good because it makes me seem like some kind of film scholar' there is at least 9001 people saying 'holy fuck it looks amazing'

And for all of those people there is a famous person who has actually seen it and said 'holy fuck it is amazing'

BUT NOT THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE.

Yeah I am quite aware of this and I am pretty much saying that there is no way of telling whether or not a movie you haven't seen will or will not be the best movie ever made

So no matter how much you try to backpedal you're still just being a presumptuous and hypocritical twat

Woah, woah, Bleck, you need to examine what The Damned is trying to say! As soon as I saw this:

Movie is going to destroy faces in all aspects (quality, box office gross, awesomeness) and Ledger's preformance is going to scare the hell out of everyone

I could immediately tell this was nothing but over-inflated hype! I didn't even need to look at other posts before I saw that. He just said that if someone doesn't think this is the #1 film of the last ten years, they're stupid! Doesn't anybody else see the thick-headed-ness of such a statement? This is a superhero movie. It hardly has the epic background of movies like Star Wars, Godfather, or even the Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Caribbean (not saying those movies are equal to each other). A superhero movie is lucky if it ever rises past the level of "Popcorn Flick."

I would hope that no intelligent person expects this series of movies to surpass the box office gross of the Spiderman movies. That is the largest gross a superhero movie franchise ever garnered, and it will be for some time to come, if not forever. And no one can argue that Spiderman 1 made much more during it's theater run then Batman Begins did.

It's not a ridiculous assumption to think that The Dark Knight will be a good, maybe even great movie. But let's not lose our heads in the hype, okay?