The Dark Knight

Schwaltzvald

:( I have to get up for work at five in the morning. Plus I have to drive four hours tomorrow -after- work to get to my mom-in-law's new apartment. If my weekend was free I'd so be there at midnight. Packed theatres are fun, as long as one gets a decent seat. The crowd itself can be amusing (can be annoying, but for me they're usually all right) and hell, what beats the going to the biggest blockbuster of the year at midnight in a packed theatre? That's my kind of thing, I'm gonna miss it :(

I'm going to see it Friday night.

With some of the Bioware staff!

Yes, my cousin is married to one of the writers, and a friend went to school with some of them a few years ago. They want to go, but won't be out in time to get tickets or seats.

I'm picking up tickets early and holding a place in line for everyone.

Yay me, motherfuckers.

No costumes for ours. Guess our Bat-fans were lackluster. I at least set the mood with black shorts and my chain-dragon black t shirt.

For everyone who hasn't planned to go see it yet, see it.

For everyone who has already seen it or has made plans to, see it again.

Batman vs. Terminator, lol

This is the cat's meow folks. While there are a few very minor gripes I have, the rest of the good stuff completely steamrolls them out of my memory. There are so many..."moments" in this movie that just trigger a response of satisfaction from the viewer. Do yourself a favor and see this shit. I've never been so impressed with the casting in a movie as with this, and I mean everyone.

Diracy;429363']Pencil trick... 'nuff said :shock:

As I walked out of the theater, one of the ushers asked me if I wanted to see a magic trick.

But wow. I was very blown away. Ledger was amazing. That script was amazing. So much happened, but it was so seamless. God, I'm gonna have to see it again.

Basically the only things that is of any fault in the movie is that it can get a bit draggy, almost gets too political, no Danny Elfman, there's no insane "Batmania" of the original '89 Batman movie and IMO, Bale is a nominal Batman choice compared to even other Batmans (Clooney obviously not in that mix). And Bale's Batman was basically overshadowed by all the other great characters IMO. I just am not so starstruck with Bale as some others it seems.

Other than that, it actually lives up to the hype. I liked Hellboy 2 a lot too and these two movies actually deliver compared to the other superhero movies earlier in the year.

I wonder if the Imax version actually lives up to the hype in that end.

For everyone who has already seen it or has made plans to, see it again.

No thanks, or at least not this weekend, nor the next few. It was good, to be sure, and worlds better than Begins (which I didn't like), but there is no way this movie met the hype the internet prescribed it.

Also, best role in the movie... Aaron Eckhart's Harvey Dent. Poor guy lost out in the hype because his co-star died.

And Lucius Fox still kicks all levels of ass.

No thanks' date=' or at least not this weekend, nor the next few. It was good, to be sure, and worlds better than Begins (which I didn't like), but there is no way this movie met the hype the internet prescribed it.

Also, best role in the movie... Aaron Eckhart's Harvey Dent. Poor guy lost out in the hype because his co-star died.

And Lucius Fox still kicks all levels of ass.[/quote']

everything is wrong with this post

I am sad that movie had to end. i was enjoying it SO much. it really prepares the storyline, not even just for a possible end to the trilogy but it does such a good job at setting up giving Bruce Wayne motivations to continue fighting crime as batman that they could make second trilogy and still have more story to tell!

but alas, the amazing late Heath Ledger is unable continue playing such a role. and that is mostly why i am depressed a little but still excited that both one of his last roles and movies in which is starred in were done SO well.

No thanks' date=' or at least not this weekend, nor the next few. It was good, to be sure, and worlds better than Begins (which I didn't like), but there is no way this movie met the hype the internet prescribed it.

And Lucius Fox still kicks all levels of ass.[/quote']

Where I saw it Harvey Dent got LOTS of hype going into the movie, but Joker simply took the cake once it started rolling. Because of this I don't exactly agree that Ledger took all of the hype, ESPECIALLY just because he's dead. Both actors did an incredible job. I think lots of people hype the Joker more because it's the first time they get to see the Joker as they've always wanted. Both played their roles to perfection IMO, but the Joker as a character is just batshit insane(cooler).

I understand what you mean though, but then again I should probably disregard your post since you didn't like Begins.

Where I saw it Harvey Dent got LOTS of hype going into the movie, but Joker simply took the cake once it started rolling. Because of this I don't exactly agree that Ledger took all of the hype, ESPECIALLY just because he's dead. Both actors did an incredible job. I think lots of people hype the Joker more because it's the first time they get to see the Joker as they've always wanted. Both played their roles to perfection IMO, but the Joker as a character is just batshit insane(cooler).

I understand what you mean though, but then again I should probably disregard your post since you didn't like Begins.

I was bored by Batman Begins... sorry?

I actually heard very little about Dent, so little that I felt his role would be akin to Billy Dee William's original role with a minor love triangle tacked on. But the amount of presence he actually received was a surprise (and a welcome one). Ledger did a good job too, but I still feel Hamil aced the Joker's voice, while Nicholson mastered the look and laugh.

Ledger was sadistically insane, but he had neither that Joker look nor sound (he never did a real Joker laugh for one), and so for me it was like seeing an entirely new villain. Was he bad? No, Hell no. But he wasn't the best either, and definitely not Oscar material. No one should ever be getting "nods" before a film's official release, ever. It screams bias and hype. That's the big area where the rest of the cast, who did fantastic, were unfairly overshadowed.