The Dark Knight

Schwaltzvald

Screw you all the Joker will always be Mark Hamill for me.

I used to be one of those people who said they'd be fine with Heath in the role as long as they dubbed Mark Hamill in for the dialogue (back when it was first announced Heath would be playing the Joker). After seeing the trailers and now, finally, the movie, I've come to the conclusion that myself and everyone else who said something to that effect were being stupid. I may love Mark Hamill's portrayal of the character, but I think Heath topped him easily.

Ledger was sadistically insane' date=' but he had neither that Joker look nor sound (he never did a real Joker laugh for one), and so for me it was like seeing an entirely new villain. Was he bad? No, Hell no. But he wasn't the best either, and definitely not Oscar material. No one should ever be getting "nods" before a film's official release, ever. It screams bias and hype. That's the big area where the rest of the cast, who did fantastic, were unfairly overshadowed.[/quote']Wow, I need to catch my breath after reading so many amounts of wrong

Fact is the movie is the best comic book film ever made and not only that it's virtually flawless in all areas. Didn't meet up with the hype? The film was perfect, I don't know how you can go beyond perfect but ok I guess it didn't.

I used to be one of those people who said they'd be fine with Heath in the role as long as they dubbed Mark Hamill in for the dialogue (back when it was first announced Heath would be playing the Joker). After seeing the trailers and now, finally, the movie, I've come to the conclusion that myself and everyone else who said something to that effect were being stupid. I may love Mark Hamill's portrayal of the character, but I think Heath topped him easily.

Heath did impress, as I didn't think he could do it at all.

He had his shortcomings, but damn, did he ever entertain.

Fact is the movie is the best comic book film ever made and not only that it's virtually flawless in all areas. Didn't meet up with the hype? The film was perfect, I don't know how you can go beyond perfect but ok I guess it didn't

Fact is, there are way too many comic book films to consider this the end all be all greatest.

You want authenticity to the source material, try the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

You want humanity, Iron Man.

You want Batman, Burton's neo gothic flair, mixed with Danny Elfman's music, and Nicholson's Joker crafted such excellence that is hard to beat. Then you have Dark Knight. The only part of Dark Knight's score that was memorable was the Joker's little screeching guitar whenever his plans were in action.

I can elate on more misgivings I had in the Dark Knight, but that's spoiler territory. Major spoiler territory.

I don't see why all you guys are getting so pissed though. I'm not trashing the movie, it was really good. I went in thinking I was going to be bored out of my mind, and in that I was absolutely wrong. In the franchise, I still enjoy Batman more, but only Batman is outranking this one.

Watchmen... Holy shit... Watchmen. That trailer is incredible.

There was a trailer for Terminator also. The franchise is so iffy at this point, but the theme played, and you see Christian Bale as John Connor, and it melted my heart. It's unwise to dare to hope, but I do.

I jut got back from the movie.

It was amazing and I feel it's prehaps the best comic franchise movie out (with Iron Man close behind it).

Outside of the hype or Ledgers death (RIP), the film was well cut, well paced and the music was very well used and everything about it just build you up into a tension over what was going to happen.

The villians (I havn't read the rest of this topic so I dunno how far we are going with "spoilers") were excellent and I find myself talking more on the 2nd villian then the primary (Who was excellently played by Heath Ledger... you could forget it's Ledger playing the part).

My only grip is Christian Bale's voice as Batman, which was my one complaint the Batman Begins as well.

I understand him using it to protect his identity and to help with the fear effect on his villains but... it just sounds bad at points.

I'm very interested in seeing how or when or if there will be a Batman film to follow this one.

I'm honest, I want more.

Batman has always been my favourite superhero.

And I just have a good chuckle when I realized the current movies that are playing, there are about 3 that are comic adaptations

and I couldn't help but do a photo manip in the hype of the film last night and unable to catch a midnight showing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/ToshiMustgrind/RyanJoker2.jpg

You want authenticity to the source material' date=' try the original [i']Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

Amen!

Wow, I need to catch my breath after reading so many amounts of wrong

Fact is the movie is the best comic book film ever made and not only that it's virtually flawless in all areas. Didn't meet up with the hype? The film was perfect, I don't know how you can go beyond perfect but ok I guess it didn't.

Amen brotha. That is totally my thought as well. Flawless. Sure there are minor quibbles, but all of them are based on a matter of taste. I don't understand the people that are taking away from it. But I guess I'm also in the minority as someone who thought No Country for Old Men was severely overrated, so i guess I shouldn't say much more. :)

I actually heard very little about Dent' date=' so little that I felt his role would be akin to Billy Dee William's original role with a minor love triangle tacked on. But the amount of presence he actually received was a surprise (and a welcome one).[/quote']

Yup yup. I heard squat about Dent other than "Harvey Dent is in the movie." Eckhart surprised me more than Ledger did in some regards.

My only grip is Christian Bale's voice as Batman, which was my one complaint the Batman Begins as well.

Pretty much. I did find myself not caring much about the dialog, and I was running out of stamina near the end, but overall great cast, excellent plot, fantastic movie.

Edit: Although what was with the mayor wearing eyeliner??

I got back from the movie a few hours ago, and I can safely say that Heath Ledger is now the best Joker I've seen thus far.

The movie was beyond amazing.

I agree. This movie was great, absolutely great. Holy shit. For the next one, they should bring back Jim Carey as the riddler, he was the perfect man for it.

And they have to do the Riddler next right? I mean theyve done Scarecrow, Ras Al Gool or whatever, the Joker, and I-wont-ruin-it-for-whoever-hasnt-seen-it-yet. Now theres just the Penguin and the Riddler left, plus some small fries.

Hmm, who to play the penguin? Samuel L Jackson, thats who.

And what the hell happened to katie holmes??!?!?!! Shes not in this movie!!!! Why!!!!! This new girl is ugly!!!! Whats her name, i dont even care

And they have to do the Riddler next right? I mean theyve done Scarecrow, Ras Al Gool or whatever, the Joker, and I-wont-ruin-it-for-whoever-hasnt-seen-it-yet. Now theres just the Penguin and the Riddler left, plus some small fries.

Um... what? Off the top of my head, I could also name Bane, Mr. Freeze, and Poison Ivy as semi-majors. But then there's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_villains#Rogues.27_gallery

And what the hell happened to katie holmes??!?!?!! Shes not in this movie!!!! Why!!!!! This new girl is ugly!!!! Whats her name, i dont even care

Katie Holmes is a horrible, horrible actor, and she didn't deserve a second chance at the role. Although Maggie Gyllenhall almost looked as messed up as the Joker with her make-up on during the formal party scenes in the previews.

I hope by the powers that there isn't a third one. Nobody and nothing can top Heath Ledger's performance in this movie - the Joker's fate being left as ambiguous can simply not be properly tied up anymore. We'll just have to enjoy what we've got here, which shouldn't be a problem.

just got back from seeing it the second time

dang it why cant i sit in a theater with this thing just looping all day

next week imax

also

I agree. This movie was great, absolutely great. Holy shit. For the next one, they should bring back Jim Carey as the riddler, he was the perfect man for it.

Hmm, who to play the penguin? Samuel L Jackson, thats who.

i dont even read comics and i know there is everything wrong with this post

I saw it again as well. I really don't know how one could pull off a sequel that can compare to this movie. Joker was the character that could bring a pure psycho, amazing Departed style crime drama, and Die Hard (with a vengeance)all in one explosive package. Once you reach that level I donno, that's a tough formula to beat.