The Dark Knight

Schwaltzvald

saw it today. thought it was better than Batman & Robin. in several ways.

...isn't everything better than Batman & Robin?

Anyway, I got to see it last night and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I missed one or two things for various reasons, mostly bits of dialogue being drowned out by audience reactions (at several key points throughout the film the entire theater was clapping, stupidly).

All in all, though, a very good film and definitely one of summer's best.

Which area? If you mean the building with the hostages, The Joker at the least was using one.

Yes that one. I had forgotten about the Joker's, but I have a hard time swallowing that just one has enough to cover the whole building and the ground around it, especially with such precision.

At that point I was still trying to figure out

spoilers:

How a precinct full of cops, some of them no doubt corrupt cops, doesn't put two in the Joker's head when he tries to escape, or why they put a guy in the room with him at all in the first place.

Everything that I see as relatively unreasonable that we see in a movie, I generally attribute it to the "magic of movies"(however the hell vague that may be, and try not to think on it too much.

Also be it blatant, subtle, or otherwise just misunderstood and unapparent, there are reasons that certain scenes that seem otherwise unimportant or stupid are included in film. Kind of like I'm hoping that there's a real purpose to Nina's character in Code Geass. And I'm REALLY hoping there is...

Everything that I see as relatively unreasonable that we see in a movie, I generally attribute it to the "magic of movies"(however the hell vague that may be, and try not to think on it too much.

Also be it blatant, subtle, or otherwise just misunderstood and unapparent, there are reasons that certain scenes that seem otherwise important or stupid are included in film. Kind of like I'm hoping that there's a real purpose to Nina's character in Code Geass. And I'm REALLY hoping there is...

For future reference, "blatant" has the opposite meaning of "subtle."

saw it today. thought it was better than Batman & Robin. in several ways.

That's not saying much. All of the other Batman movies were pretty terrible... even Begins, while a welcome departure, wasn't nearly as good as this film.

The movie was amazing. I think the word "epic" describes it.

Ledger, Aaron, and Bale totally rocked in this movie. Maggie played a decent character too. To sum it up the casting was great overall.

Someone needs to resurrect Heath. After watching this, I can personally say that his quick death totally sucks.

But....his death does help make this movie unforgettable.

What a bunch of jokers...

Edit: I think it says a lot for Ledger's performance that it wasn't until after the movie that it suddenly struck me, "That was Heath Ledger, the blond Australian dude in 10 Things and A Knight's Tale." I was never once reminded of the man under the makeup during the entire course of the film. Also this...

I like the idea of the Joker being the unreliable narrator of his own origin.

Definitely a nice touch. Totally threw me for a loop.

Yes that one. I had forgotten about the Joker's, but I have a hard time swallowing that just one has enough to cover the whole building and the ground around it, especially with such precision.

Fair enough. Joker's is the only that's explicitly shown, but I do think it's implied that the henchmen, hostages, and SWAT teams had some form of cellular communication.

Haha this movie was more like a Joker movie, really. You were rooting for the Joker, in a way. You wanted the Joker to win. Batman, you know, he was just that guy.

Hell, it didn't even have 'Batman' in the title anyway.

The parts with Batman were my least favorite. The joker was so so good.

I'm pretty sure they wanted a sequel with Joker in it. Hopefully they won't do to Heath Ledger's Joker what they did with Katie Holmes' Rachel with Maggie Gyllenhaal... Ugh. It's like they just killed Rachel out of anger with the casting department.

This isn't to say that Katie was great or anything, but Gyllenhaal...