NiGHTS: Sasaki/Hataya Interview

Arcubalis

I know there are a lot of NiGHTS fans out there, so sitting on this interview has been really difficult. But here it is. As far as I'm aware, this is the first time they've been interviewed in English, so let me know what you think:

http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=194

The music in the game is beautiful! We have some music clips to post (watch for them in the coming hours), but I'll be sure to post again to let people know when the music is up. Enjoy!

Very nice interview. The composers are so emotional about this game, their work, and each other. I can tell from this interview that a lot of heart was put it for the game's music and hopefully the game overall. I've never owned the original NIGHTS (nor a Saturn) but I remember playing a bit of it at my friend's house years ago and was enchanted.

Magnificent interview, makes me confident with Journey of Dream's soundtrack. I really hope what they speak is the truth though, and somehow can pull another "Suburban Museum" outta their ass on this new game :-P. Still though, I'll put my trust in the composers, and hope that JoD's soundtrack becomes as praised as the original's.

I really hope what they speak is the truth though, and somehow can pull another "Suburban Museum"

Or another "Gloom of the N.H.C." :)

They say that the music is "perfect." That is about as large a thing as you can say; I might be ready to trust them on it and get excited.

Thanks for posting that.

It seems that they make a great team. They've worked on a lot of stuff together, obviously. It's kinda neat, because here in the United States we have tons of composer "pairs," and Sasaki/Hataya were one of the first such pairs in Japan.

The music is pretty majestic. I really enjoy the main hub area. You can hear the music for this area on the NiGHTS website, which is quite beautiful. I'll try to have these music clips up tomorrow for you guys!

Watch for the soundtrack in January. =)

Well, if the game is not to your liking, you can always wait until January rolls around to import the soundtrack. My impressions of the audio so far are very good. Perhaps with the release of the game, you can check some more videos and hear more of the music in-game before you even decide to buy the soundtrack.

Got the game yesterday. It's gameplay is alright, the boss battles are fun, and the voice acting is good. All around, it feels like an incomplete project, like it needs to be further tested and tweaked. However, since this page is about the interview, I will note that while the game did not impress me as much as I think it should have, the soundtrack did. It f***ing rocks. It's beautiful, memorable, and any other positive adjective one could conceive to describe music. A mediocre game (in my humble opinion) like this isn't saved by a masterful soundtrack, but if nothing else, I'm definitely sold on the CD next month. Kudos to the sound team.