Duke Nukem Forever video tomorrow

lazygecko

Jesus, people still actually give a shit about this?

So you think no one here cares about games that are 10 years old? And that no one here cares about games that aren't released yet?? Well then WELCOME to the OverClocked ReMix forums, the place where people give a shit about things!!!

Wow, sorry about that man, I was all out of gum.

[Edit]

Sorry to automatically assume that you're a man, but given what it says in your sig, I think it's safe to assume. Or is it?? ....... O__o

So you think no one here cares about games that are 10 years old? And that no one here cares about games that aren't released yet?? Well then WELCOME to the OverClocked ReMix forums, the place where people give a shit about things!!!

I just don't recall the last Duke Nukem game being anything more than an exercise in mediocrity. Hence my wondering why people care about a series whose only remarkable feature being how long it delayed its next installment. I'd honestly thought the gag had run itself into the ground, but I was evidently mistaken.

Wow, sorry about that man, I was all out of gum.

Who are you again?

For it's time, Duke Nukem 3D was pretty close to revolutionary -- or perhaps just an important benchmark if you thought it was thouroughly mediocre (I didn't!). Either way, it was the premier first person shooter.

I still bet on Duke. Anyone else play the expansion where you saved the President? "Duke Nukem in D.C." or something it was called... you fought inside all the memorials, the white house, the Smithsonian, FBI headquarters, some secret underground high-tech facility, an aircraft carrier (or maybe a nuclear sub? I think both, actually.)... it was the tits!

This is very, VERY awesome.

I can understand some of the ire people have for this title, but it IS Duke Nukem, and it IS from Epic - and that counts for a whole heck of a lot.

I just hope that people don't expect a full blown trailer like they did when Fallout 3's was released. It's called a teaser for a reason. As long as they follow through with the promise of more content.

I still bet on Duke. Anyone else play the expansion where you saved the President? "Duke Nukem in D.C." or something it was called... you fought inside all the memorials, the white house, the Smithsonian, FBI headquarters, some secret underground high-tech facility, an aircraft carrier (or maybe a nuclear sub? I think both, actually.)... it was the tits!

When I actually went to D.C last summer I was kinda bummed that I couldn't go down into a secret place underneath the Lincoln Memorial via the pool full of sharks (the name escapes me - the Reflection Pool?).

Regardless, DN3D remains my favorite "old-school" FPS, and this news will probably give me horrible dreams about the Apocalypse tonight.

For it's time, Duke Nukem 3D was pretty close to revolutionary -- or perhaps just an important benchmark if you thought it was thouroughly mediocre (I didn't!). Either way, it was the premier first person shooter.

And many of those levels violated the laws of space and physics. Remember Lunatic Fringe from the vanilla game's second episode? The whole level is a giant ring that's 720 degrees around. Lots of the others have areas that overlap or rooms that are bigger on the inside than the outside.

If they pull that shit in a full 3d engine there are going to be a lot of confused nerds on gamefaqs when they try to make maps.

And many of those levels violated the laws of space and physics. Remember Lunatic Fringe from the vanilla game's second episode? The whole level is a giant ring that's 720 degrees around. Lots of the others have areas that overlap or rooms that are bigger on the inside than the outside.

If they pull that shit in a full 3d engine there are going to be a lot of confused nerds on gamefaqs when they try to make maps.

Well, that's what makes it better. Impossible maps lead to unpredictable challenges.