Duke Nukem Forever video tomorrow

lazygecko

Here's some more detailed info about the soundtrack and who all is working on the audio end of things:

EDIT: Nix that, it was brought to our attention that the composer for the game itslef has not been "officially announced" yet.

The TEASER itself was a bit underwhelming, but hopefully it does mean they're making progress.

It WOULD be interesting to hear what Jeremy Soule does with the score, given his orchestral background. He did work with guitarist Jason Evigan on the Supreme Commander soundtrack, though, and there were some cool orchestral/rock tracks there, so we'll have to wait and see IF HE'S THE COMPOSER!

For the people who can't read disclaimers, it was a teaser and not a trailer.

Thanks for helping those of us who can't read disclaimers! We'd all be screwed if we didn't have skilled disclaimer-readers like yourself around.

It actually doesn't matter. They're both made to generate hype for the game. It's not like people are saying, "The game looks horrible," which wouldn't be accurate to say based on a teaser. I can still say it's underwhelming and didn't generate any interest here.

so... pretty lame teaser..

Yeah, it was kinda lame.

The Duke Nukem model looked low-rent (relative to contemporary expectations) and the music was, well, nearly twelve years old.

It's nice to see some sort of progress with DNF but they could have done a lot better in giving us our first taste of this long-overdue game.

Pumping iron and smoking a cigar at the same time. Yeah, that's a good idea.

Are you insinuating that Duke Nukem needs to breathe to bring oxygen to his muscles and other vital organs when he works out? Remember, we're talking about Duke freakin' Nukem here. His muscles breathe cigars.

The teaser was alright, I've seen a lot worse, where the only thing you see are boring catchphrases and a image or two, usually with fog - LOTS of fog.

The only thing is they did not technically show game-play, all they showed was short cinematic like clips from the game engine, while alright looking, in my books does not constitute as game-play.

Still, it was a nice sign of progress, and hopefully also a sign of more to follow soon.

I'm actually REALLY glad they didn't churn out the first versions of DNF.

I love Tomb Raider games, but a lot of the gameplay elements remind me of bad Tomb Raider clones.

And they were about to jump into the 'vehicle that does absolutely nothing useful' bandwagon of the late 90's with FPS games.

Personally, the music and gameplay from the 1998 E3 trailer is way better than what was shown in the 2007 trailer. The electric guitar riffs are just pulsing.

What trailer? It was a teaser, and it didn't show any gameplay at all.

And that 1998 trailer blew, horribly. Now the 2001 E3 trailer, that one was awesome-the first time I saw it a chill went up my spine. The only thing to see now is if the new DNF actually succeeds in giving me that same feeling again, if it does it'll be a great success.