Final Fantasy Tactics Arranging

Last_Ranger

Right place, wrong expectations of interest. Young arrangers might be scared away by the lack of adequate details in your first post, while veteran remixers might shy away due to the curious absence of previous work being presented as examples. What does "get the brass together to play it" mean, exactly? Real brass, or brass samples? If the former, how do you plan to record it? If the latter, which samples would you be using?

That aside, you'd no doubt be better served perusing the WiP forums for promising up-and-comers and PMing them details.

It seems pretty clear to me. He wants staff notation so a group of musicians can play it. Do you guys actually plan on putting a recording together of this song to submit to this site?

Also, you might want to specify what song(s) you'll be playing. FFT has a lot of music.

As to myself, I've done some arranging in Sibelius I can export to bmp's or whatever. I've written a piano quintet and other music for strings, but would like to try writing for brass. I'm not sure how much free time I'd have to do this sort of project though.

I think if you can get a decent recording maybe we can submit it here to this site. ;)

It seems pretty clear to me. He wants staff notation so a group of musicians can play it. Do you guys actually plan on putting a recording together of this song to submit to this site?

Also, you might want to specify what song(s) you'll be playing. FFT has a lot of music.

As to myself, I've done some arranging in Sibelius I can export to bmp's or whatever. I've written a piano quintet and other music for strings, but would like to try writing for brass. I'm not sure how much free time I'd have to do this sort of project though.

I think if you can get a decent recording maybe we can submit it here to this site. ;)

To the first question yes, I plan on recording. I have almost all the musicians together. Ironically we don't all go to the same school, but we come from the same area. The idea would be that I could find someone to arrange parts for us. Over the winter we work on it all individually and then during spring break we can get together and record it. Recording tools I need to discuss with my old band director, but I think we can get ahold of them.

What I have a mind to do so far are Alma's Theme, Antipyretic, Dycedarg, Trisection, and Requiem. I can email the midis to you if you're interested.

Thanks for your help.