OCR00881 - A Boy and His Blob "Cyborg Blobby"

Disco Dan

I am totally in love with this mix. This is one of the most original, clever and inspiring titles to grace this site. Mazedude, you've impressed the hell out of me. I tried to ReMix this track a while back, but couldn't really get inspired with the--as DJ P put it-- "lack-luster" original, although I do like the tune, if only for nostalgic reasons.

Happy industrial. Who'd have thunk it? :D

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When I first began listening to this, it sounded quite fitting to the genre - and this song takes a lot of very unusual electronic effects and manages to make a great piece out of all of it.

There's several breaks in the music throughout, and at 3:10 it changes into something completely different, a serene, soothing piece that's worthy of its own title; and all the while it still uses sounds similar to what's found in the first section.

Not something I'd listen to daily, but worth checking out at least once or twice for the comedic effect of the first section and the calming melody at the end.

This is funky, funny, and cool at the same time. SO much respect goes out to Mazedude for creating a genre-defying shot at the heart of badness. Mazedude crossed the line -- it's so bad it's good. He ventured past the point where up is down and good is bad. He is one with all and everything now.

Here's my question, though. Take a look, on the description page, at the composers for this game. It took THREE FUCKING PEOPLE to write the original score?

• 4 weeks later...

First of all Id like to state that I don't usually enjoy this genre of music, mostly becuase its done wrong and the sound bits are always disarray. This interesting peice of work has brought a new light to this undoubtedly questionable music style. His amazing blending skills shine brightly all troughout this masterpiece. I cant understand how he managed to take the worst sounds in this world and put them together in such a way that they acctually make a cathchy tune! Ive now listened to it at least a 100 times now and I still love it. Definetly recommended if your looking for something new and good.

• 4 months later...

It's good, and different. But. Well, it kind of gives me a headache. A little too much for me, but might be just right for some.

What I'd like to see is a remake of this remix; but make it all in the vein of after 3:10. Everything after that point is beautiful, and I could see it working well in its own remix.

• 3 weeks later...

I typically don't step outside of games I've had some experience with, or played in other words... though in reading the odd review by DJP on this, I thought I'd give it a listen. Y'know, just to see what it was about...

8O

Maaaan, that's one crazy beat! Good shiznat all around Mazedude. ^_^

O MAN....i remember this game....and it wasnt pretty....the music was a cheap knock off from indiana jones and the game just plain as shit....damn that blob.

But anyway, this "for a joke" remix is pretty sweet for sumthin just made up from bits of crap.And if the game would have had mixes like this one, then it may have been a little better....good job man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't EVER play this mix after listening to some cool song with the volume way up before. The strange noises from the not-so-music-files kind of hurt. XD However, being that those strange sounds were intentional, one must give due credit to Mazedude for somehow managing to mix them into a song that works. While I won't be jamming to it on my mp3 player, the mix certainly IS interesting.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00881 - A Boy and His Blob "Cyborg Blobby"