OCR00882 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Sonik Azure"

Disco Dan

This is a totally unexpected twist on the original Azure Lake song... and it's awesome. It's slower, much more mellow, and definitely worth a download.

The thing that struck me most was the ending, though--it took more than a few listens to realize, but I think it's actually the second half of Azure Lake's song, just extremely slowed down and made to sound like a classical piece. Not entirely obvious what it is, and I like that. Very creative mix. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I couldn't agree more! No one can possibly do it better than Analoq here! This is just a one-of-kind brilliant fucking song! I just love it! Seriously, no one can do it better than anoloq! His guitar driven and synthy groovy pieces just blow everyone away! You gotta love that guitar! and what better way to end the song than with a cool little part recorded on an old fuzzy, crackling record player?! This is just amazing analoq, I love you for this one!

• 4 months later...

It must really suck to have a professionals musical ear because it seems this mix has been judged based on correctness by some people more than the actual sound of the song.

Someone may just have a bright idea to play out of tune for that tuned out feel hehe.

I say it sounds awesom even if somethings not as it would be expected.

• 2 years later...

A fine mix! The clean guitar being out of tune takes it down a notch, took a bit of getting used to. It would probably sound really good if it was in tune.

The guitar-riff sounds that come after the first lead, actually emerging from behind it, sound really good. That's a cool moment specifically. I like the outro too.

--Eino

• 10 months later...

When I first started listening to this song and the guitar kicked in, I had to take my headphones off and inspect them to make sure neither candy nor gold was coming out of the earpieces.

That's when I knew this one was a keeper.

The piano at the end just seals the deal, by the way.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00882 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Sonik Azure"