PRC110: I can has holy water plz? (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 110

PRCv5-6

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! Though promising at first, last PRC's Duck Tales related contest resulted with a very meek response in both remixing and voting. But through all this, OneUp managed to scoop a win under his belt.

He's pretty much like me wishing for PRC to end up being as bustling as it was during the previous three seasons. So it's by no surprise that he rooted for a very popular game series and the second Nintendo DS source tune to boot. Altogether now: Juese Belmont, dadadada daa doo-doo dada...

prc110.png

I chose (this song), mostly because I've hummed it countless times when I've spent many hours of grinding bad guys in this excellent DS game. The lead melody really stucks and I really hope this will bring PRC back to it's glory days. Plz people, make me happy!

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Pitch Black Intrusion

MIDI | MP3

I haven't explored much of the Castlevania series as a sequence of games, but as far as the music goes, it actually makes me want to look beyond just Circle of the Moon. This better get a good response, otherwise this kitten will be shedding tears tonight.

Icanhassubm128427095659442500.jpg

That's OneUp's work, not mine. :P Anyway...

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your image to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SATURDAY, December 29th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

And I'm saying that I don't think that the source had a lot to do with the fact that the competition didn't have a lot of entries. I think it had more to do with its timing. This being prime break time for most people, I think we're going to see more entries, regardless of source.

Oh well, I suppose I'll try and get something done for this one.

The mixing stage is over. Now we go onto voting! To vote, you go to the competition page and fill out the form at the bottom - state which of the two mixes you prefer, with a reasoning attached to them. Contestants don't need to do this as it'll just cancel their vote out. You have until Thursday, January 3rd 2008, 4:59PM EST to make your vote. The winner gets to choose the source tune for PRC111!

Chickenwarlord - Bright White

Hylian Lemon - Lacking Light