Remix of Schala's Theme from Chrono Trigger

draven_enslaved

I'm seeing the need for that wip guide... Host your unfinished works at Tindeck or some other decent host so we don't have to look at a cluttered myspace site. Tindeck also offers the choice of streaming or downloading, which makes it even easier for us to pick whicherever we prefer. Always make it easy for those you want feedback from, buddy.

Anyway, your remix in progress... I asked my sister to compare it to a midi. I thought she'd hear how much better your wip was than the midi I used for comparison. She didn't. And neither do I. It's not much more than a conversion from midi to mp3. Where's your original take on it, where's what sets this apart from the original? I'm not saying it's bad, but that's probably due to the source being a beautiful one.

This essentially being a midi sound upgrade, a hard to hear one, too, with occational clipping and whatnot means it wouldn't get accepted on OCR. You'd get an easy NO from the judges if you submitted this.

Figure out a story, a mood, or something else that you want to convey through the remix, and rearrange it to fit that... thing. Compare ocremixes with theie respective sources to geta feel of how different something must be to get accepted. Read the submission standards and know what you're aiming for.

Good luck!

I'm seeing the need for that wip guide... Host your unfinished works at Tindeck or some other decent host so we don't have to look at a cluttered myspace site. Tindeck also offers the choice of streaming or downloading, which makes it even easier for us to pick whicherever we prefer. Always make it easy for those you want feedback from, buddy.

Anyway, your remix in progress... I asked my sister to compare it to a midi. I thought she'd hear how much better your wip was than the midi I used for comparison. She didn't. And neither do I. It's not much more than a conversion from midi to mp3. Where's your original take on it, where's what sets this apart from the original? I'm not saying it's bad, but that's probably due to the source being a beautiful one.

This essentially being a midi sound upgrade, a hard to hear one, too, with occational clipping and whatnot means it wouldn't get accepted on OCR. You'd get an easy NO from the judges if you submitted this.

Figure out a story, a mood, or something else that you want to convey through the remix, and rearrange it to fit that... thing. Compare ocremixes with theie respective sources to geta feel of how different something must be to get accepted. Read the submission standards and know what you're aiming for.

Good luck!

You could just say "It's a midi rip, now try remixing it" and be done with it.

Wow. Uh... what everyone else said. The clipping really kills me too, because its right where I would have expected it with someone who doesn't know how to properly compress or volumize.

I am not the beat all, end all of compression, but look for a VST of a compressor (I have heard BRICKFISH is a good one) and compress the hell out of everything until you figure out how to use it. Plus, some things come with presets, so look at those. Its all learning from that.

I completely agree with metaphist.